Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Friday, September 29, 2006

Hi!

Well here we are and I hope I can now work this. I tried last night and was not successful. In fact I have had a number of lap top problems since I got here. Ed Morgan has been helping me long distance. Very soon I hope to be able to send emails and receive all emails. Between Ed and Glenn Russell I am sure that I will be able to.

Mean while I will try to up date the blog at least twice a day - morning and night. It is now 1:40pm and I will give you the morning one for today, Friday, Sept. 29, 2006.

Marty is doing great right now. She is receiving her first bag of chemo at this time.

We arrived yesterday to all of the normal admission paper work, etc. Finally some blood tests were done and it was determined that she needed red blood cells. So she was given two units which finished about 1:40am. Then they were in for more blood at 4am and the doc was here at 6:30am. Needless to say, she didn't get much sleep but she is in a good mood, very cheerful, talking to very one that has come in, and seems rested.

As I said earlier she is getting her first chemo right now. Oh, by the way, she had the heart test this morning (probably becasue we got here a little later than they were expecting), she also had some pre-chemo meds both last night and this morning. Last night it was to help protect her bladder during this process and this morning it was to help tolerate the chemo.

Now, for your information and to pass on or whatever here is the hospital information:
Room 6618
St. Vinvent Hospital
2001 West 86th Street
Indianapolis, IN 46260

Local direct tx line (1.317) 338.0717
Toll free 1.866.338.2345 ext. 80717

She can receive cards and calls. She cannot have fresh flowers, live flowers or plants, or fresh fruits or vegatibles. She can have artificial flowers and visits. The visiting hours are all day until 8:30pm. The doctor has suggested that it be only 2 or 3 at a time and for only a short time, even if it means making a couple of visits the same day. (I believe that someone at church is going to try and help coordinate that so that everyone does not come on the same day at the same time. At this point I cannot even tell you who to check with.)

Well this is probably enough for now. HOWEVER, I must add the disclaimer that I cannot find a spell check and I will not stand by spelling without it.

We love you and appreciate your support.

Have a great day and God bless.

Jack and Marty Hess
John 3:16

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack and Marty,

After considerable thought of what I would put here, I guess the one thing I have learned from you two is how strong your love for each other is and that faith can carry us through even the worst storms in our lives. You are a tremendous inspiration to me!

Marty, Kristen says to tell you that "Jesus is good, so He will help you."

Well, better go and tuck the girls in for the night...just wanted to let you know that you two and your family are in all our thoughts and prayers....that includes our 6 cockatiels, 2 parakeets, 1 goldfish and 1 English Shepherd! That's a whole bunch of prayer!

Much Love,
Cathy
:o)

7:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home