Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Hi to All!

It is noon and all is well. It is beautiful outside. When we look out the window to the left we see the top floor of a parking garage, to the right we see Children's Hospital, and striaght ahead is a woods. The trees are beautiful, some are begining to change. By the end of four weeks they are going to be really beautiful I am sure. The sun is shining and it just looks so great out the window. Another example of the awesomeness of our God. Praise the Lord!

Marty had a short night. She was not able to sleep while the chemo was going in. The doc this morning change the amount of one med and ordered a pill to help her sleep. So we hope that tonight will be different and she will get more rest. Even with last night as it was, she is feeling pretty good today. She is wide awake, very talkative, up and about to the bath room, and keeping tabs on Rosie her nurse.

By the way, Rosie is a dog lover too and this afternoon I am going to bring Buddy over, down below the window so Marty and Rosie can see him. I am sure Buddy will not be able to see them but they will enjoy seeing him. Isn't it great what little blessings God does provide.

Right now Marty is playing with the TV and learning what all it can do. Presently she is going through the music stations. She also has the third bag of that posion going into her to go after those bad guys. We pray that it is doing its job and that God's will will be done.

In this hospital she gets to order her own meals when she wants them. So just a few minutes ago she ordered a fish sandwich with pickles (she is not allowed anything fresh on it), chicken soup, applesauce, cookies, and ice tea. Sounds like a pretty good lunch to me and certainly shows that she has not lost her appetite.

Well I close for now and come back later. May you all have a great day and feel and know God's presence, even as we do. Marty says "Hi, thanks for your support and all!" God bless.

Jack and Marty
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home