Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Thursday Evening

Greetings to all:

Well ,this has been a very quiet day around the Hess home. Buddy has been the only one out of the house, that only a few times, and all trips out were rather short. Marty has felt much better when she is sitting in the chair or in the bed. At other times her neck, back and hip are giving her a lot of pain. We are going to ask Dr. Lee if she can get another caudal block in her back and hope that takes care of the discomfort. Right now she is in her chair, with the heated "rice tube" around her neck, the heating pad on her back, and the heated "corn" pad on her hip. Easy to see why she doesn't want to get up, isn't it?

Further, I did not have what I would call the "best of days." I got bulletin information into the office and went over about 100 e-mails and that was about it because I was then hit with a great deal of abdominal pain. The next 6 -7 hours were taken up with some napping, but most of the time, I was on the great white throne. Tomorrow ,we will plan on and look forward to a better day.

Certainly hope you have been able to keep warm today and have had a positive day. Get a good night's sleep and glorify the Lord in all that you do and say tomorrow. God bless!

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home