Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Good evening!

Another good day - Praise the Lord! Marty did well with the noon chemo, so 3 are down and 9 to go. I brough Buddy over so Marty could she him out the window and I held the phone to his ear as she talked to him. Seemed to be a good break. Marty then had a couple hour nap that was a good thing. After a good dinner we took a walk around the hall and Marty said it really felt good to walk. Now she is getting ready for the night hoping to get some sleep before the midnight chemo. Hoping to get the right routine so that she can get a good nights sleep.

I will be going to the motor home soon (it is 9:30pm) and will go to Peru in the morning to lead worship and preach. It will be the 4 year anniversary since we found out and told the church family about her breast cancer. So I wanted to be there to preach and serve The Lord's Supper as I did four years ago. I also plan to bring communion back to Marty. So I will not post anything until late tomorrow and probably will only put one comment in.

May you all have a great night and a better day tomorrow. God bless.

Jack and Marty
John 3:16

PS I still do not think the spell check is working so I continue my gnilleps disclaimer.

3 Comments:

Blogger J.P.G. said...

Hope the communion went well. Jim and Diane stopped by with some flowers and said they were on their way, Wish I could be there but today wasn't my day but do feel better tonight. Take care both of you and know that I love you both and pray for the very best for both of you.

6:16 PM  
Blogger J.P.G. said...

Hope the communion went well. Jim and Diane stopped by with some flowers and said they were on their way, Wish I could be there but today wasn't my day but do feel better tonight. Take care both of you and know that I love you both and pray for the very best for both of you.

6:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jack and Marty

Tim and I want you to be assured of our prayers. If there is anything we can do during this time we would be more than glad to do so. I talked to Lori Zandi today and she told me about this web sight. It is great to have this so that we know how to pray and praise for the miracles that God is perfoming in Marty's life and the miracles that are going to happen.

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home