Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Tuesday Night

Good evening to all!

Sorry we missed last night. It was a long day and when we sat down in our easy chairs the next thing we knew it was about midnight. I decided that we could wait a night to do the blog. Marty asked me if I had done one, and when I said no, I think she was quiet happy, particularly that she could then go right to bed and did not have to read a blog.

At any rate, Marty is doing better today. The blood on Saturday lead to some numbers that were acceptable yesterday, it also helped a lot with the tiredness. Being able to stay in bed today and to rest the rest of the day has also been a big help. Her shoulder has let up a little as well. It indeed is still hurting her but not to the degree that it did last week. That too is a reason that I think it is connected to the chemo. Last week is when the chemo had Marty’s blood to the lowest and it is the week that her shoulder hurt her the most, but since getting home from the hospital the last time. That two plus two is going to equal four for me until the doctors can give me another answer. The other answers they have given so far have not held, so, I will stick with this one. So, I guess that means that we have two more times to go through this and I am not looking forward to them. But God will indeed be with us, and it will all work out to His glory.

Praise the Lord! We had a wonderful few days with the kids; they arrived safely and have made it home safely, Praise the Lord! It was indeed good to have both families here at the same time and to have all four grandchildren together for four days was a great joy. They are growing and changing so much. But, that is what they were born to do, and it is good to watch them do so. Eric and Erin surprised us by having a professional picture taken of Erin alone and of the two of them together. Since Jennifer has this done on a regular basis she has been on her brother to do it as well. So, they did and it is great, Praise the Lord! Not only did the pictures turn out really good it also means that we now have both families pictures on the entertainment center to look at on a regular basis. God has been so good to us and we praise and glorify Him with thanksgiving for our years together, our family, and our friends, who also have been good to us and supported us so much the past four months. Thank you God!

We certainly hope that you have a good evening and night, get relaxed and rested for the day of ministry that the Lord puts before you tomorrow.

Be positive, take care, and be blessed.

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home