Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Wednesday Night

Mid week and greeting from 1845!

God is alive and well. Infact ,He is busy being present with us and many others. Praise the Lord!

Marty has pushed herself really hard today. Two of the three numbers are really down today: her WBC was 100 this AM, while the Hgb., was 8.8, and the platelets 53,000. That means tired, tired, tired, and hurt, hurt, hurt. We have decided that we still do not have the answer to the shoulder and neck discomfort. As we look back to past experience it seems like the really bad continuous pain comes when the numbers are down and it doesn’t go away until Marty gets into the hospital. This kind of shows the pattern, but it sure doesn’t give a reason or the way to soften the discomfort. But Marty is being Martha and she pushes herself on. Praise the Lord who is with her and gives her the strength and determination.

It turns out that Jennifer and boys are coming in later tonight, so Marty has been working all afternoon and evening to get gifts wrapped so that Jennifer wouldn’t have to do it. Though she is sitting at the dinning room table to do it, believe me it is no easy task for her. But, she has the need to do it and I have been putting them under the tree here in the family room. It will be quiet a time when they all get opened. But, then again it is quiet a gift that God has given us that we celebrate when we do open them. And I do indeed hope that they are opened with the same Love that God had when He gave us Jesus. That will certainly make for a positive and meaningful Christmas.

Marty was happy to see her co-workers today when one of them drew her blood. They have really been busy on the unit the last couple of days, but Marty did get a few minutes to talk to a couple of the girls. It was a good time and we Praise the Lord for it!

I better go now because I have to do the bulletin for Sunday.

Have a positive evening, and allow God’s light to shine even brighter tomorrow in all you do.

God bless!!

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home