Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Tuesday Night (actually Wednesday morning – 12:35 AM)


Just a fast note to let you all know that we did get home and all is well.

The appointment with the doctor was good. I will not go into detail at this point but here is the summary:
1. He does not feel that lupus has anything at all to do with what is going on in Marty.
2. He does not feel that Marty has the “bad” kind of lupus in any way. He did do some blood tests to see what he could find out.
3. He thinks that the right shoulder problem is bursitis.
4. The shins he has seen in other patients that are getting chemo, he does not know why, but steroids seem to help.
Therefore, he gave Marty a steroid shot in her right shoulder and put her on Prednisone 5mg 2 times per day to see it all will help Marty’s right shoulder, neck and shins. Praise the Lord for someone providing some insight and medication that should work. Thank you Lord and we will continue to pray that it all does work.

Tonight the bottom line is that Marty does not feel to good over all. It was the last day for her chemo and has been a long day of activity and hurry to try and get everything in. So, we look forward to tomorrow being a little more relaxed and a lot better day.

The scripture for Tuesday from Marty’s calendar was certainly very appropriate: I Chronicles 16:12 “Remember the wonders he has done, his miracles, and the judgments he pronounced…..”

How can we help at this Advent Season but to remember the wonders God has done some 2000 years ago with the birth of His Son our Lord, and the wonders God has done in 2006. Thanks and praise be to the Lord!

It is way past bed time, so, have a positive day and God bless.

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marty, I am so sorry that Tuesday was such a difficult day. I am praying that you will start to feel better as the days go on. You are so brave and so courageous.
Love, Joan

7:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home