Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Friday, December 15, 2006

Friday Night

Greetings to all from St. V’s Room 6618

Sorry, we did not get this to you sooner and thanks to Ed that we are getting out at all and you will be hearing from us this week. Ed came down late this afternoon from Peru and found a couple of things that were messing the computer up and not letting me do what I want to do. The first thing was that when we took the church computer off of my network from when we were down here for the 26 days we did not adjust this computer, so, it would not do what I wanted it to do. Second. it was not the hospital security system that has been causing me all the trouble, it was this computer security system that was set high and was not speaking to the hospital’s system, but thank goodness Ed and Glenn do understand and keep me going. I am really grateful to Ed for coming down and getting me going and looking forward to when we get home he and Glenn will work on it some more. Thank you Lord and Praise the Lord for those who are so kind and willing to use their talents and abilities to help others.

Now as for Marty, who and what this is all about, she is doing much better tonight. Yesterday after we got here was rather busy and the chemo did not get started until midnight. So, she has a schedule again that is midnight until 3 am and noon until 3 pm that she receives the chemo. That took place today and will do so again Saturday night and Sunday and then again Monday night and Tuesday. So, right now it is 2 down and 4 to go. With the chemo she gets another medication, Decadron, that tends to take care of pain and discomfort and it has done its job on the right shoulder. Her shoulder is feeling much better this evening and we are certainly grateful for that. The down side to the Decadron is that it’s making Marty’s legs very restless. We do not have the results of the MRI yet, but there is improvement and that is the bottom line of what we want. Praise the Lord The line was taken out of the right side and put in the left side. So, far that is going well. Thank you Lord!

The bottom line is that Marty at this point in the stay is doing better than when she came in. Some of this we believe is because of the medicines and some of%2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home