Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Tuesday Night

Greetings!

Today’s calendar scripture on Marty’s scripture calendar is Psalm 37:5-6: “Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and…he will make your righteousness shine like the dawn….” What an awesome passage from the Psalms. I often marvel at the spirituality and insights of the Psalm writers. They were so great. Think about this verse and how is says almost exactly what Jesus taught when he was on earth. And it also says what we continually teach and preach today. Those writers were indeed in touch with God, they were spiritually connected, and were working hard to apply it to their lives. What an example they are for us today. Praise the Lord!

As we commit our way to the Lord and trust in him we are still dealing with the right shoulder that is causing so much discomfort. Marty has continued to take the pain medicine every 4 hours and it is doing a great job of controlling the back, hip, and ankle pain to the point that those areas feel fine. But the shoulder still has too much time when it is hurting. Marty did try a sling today, but that really didn’t help and put more pressure and weight on her neck, which didn’t help it any. So, that is on the shelf for now.

We will see Dr. Lee at 11:30 am tomorrow and he should have the results of the cat scan done last Thursday on the right chest, neck and shoulder. Hopefully that will give us some answers and direction. His office will also do a CBC and if the white blood count is 5(5,000) or above either tomorrow or Thursday we will be heading back to St. V’s for the second consolidation treatment. We will do our best to let you know as soon as possible what we are doing, but I would guess it will not be until tomorrow night and then I hope I will be able to get on the hospital wireless.

Right now I would expect that most of you are sound asleep and I am more than ready to get myself in that condition as well. So, sleep well and may you be rested to do the Lord’s work in all that you do tomorrow.

Take care and God bless.

Marty and Jack
John 3: 16

PS Had trouble getting this on the blog. Sorry about not having it on in the AM for you. Yes indeed there were real problems. The cable company had to come out and change some wires outside. The cable man thought lightening might have hit it. Thank goodness it did not hit anything else. At any rate here is last nights and I will have more on later, but I am not sure how much later. Thanks for your prayers and support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home