Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Friday, December 08, 2006

Friday Evening

Greetings to each and everyone:

Today has been an interesting day to say the least. As far as energy Marty has indeed felt better and had more but as far as being able to use it that just hasn’t happened. Her right shoulder has really kept her down. Upon asking this morning I got the following response: while taking pain medicine on a regular four hour schedule I asked Marty to rate her pain on a 0 to 10 scale. She said when in bed on the heating pad (or in her chair with heating pad) the pain level is “0”. When sitting still with out the heat and/or movement the pain level is “3”. When up and moving about or moving the shoulder the pain level is “5 to 6”. When I talked to the doctors office this afternoon they said the cat scan results were not back yet, so Marty is to stay on the pain medicine and take it easy over the week-end. They did not want to change a thing until they had the results of the test to hopefully see what the problem is. We are praying that it is not a long week-end. We are certainly giving thanks to the Lord that the pain medicine is taking care of the back, hip, and ankle pain. Praise the Lord! We know, that in time, the shoulder will come along as well. We are so grateful that this is the worst side effect so far, and it apparently is not a usual one, so as soon as it is determined what the problem is, it will be taken care of.

Over all, Marty is doing so well, the treatment is working so well, and we are praising and thanking God for it all. Dr. Lee at the end of the appointment on Wed. said that he thought that God had a special place in His heart for Martha’s and was and would take care of Marty. I have to say “AMEN” to that. Marty has been so strong and God as been so good. The combination has really been awesome. Besides that, there has been so much support from all of you, that it is just wonderful. Praise the Lord! Thank you Lord!

As this is the week-end and as you gather in your community of faith, we encourage you to not only lift up Marty’s right shoulder to the Lord, but also give God praise and thanks for all of His awesome grace of healing to Marty and that as we proceed that His will might be done. Thank you!

Have a great night of sleep (if you read this tonight – and if not) – and have a great day tomorrow and to God be the praise for it all.

God bless,

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You all are in my heart every day.I don't know how she does it. Must be the Dutch in her. What a fighter.

Love
Susie

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think about both of you on a daily basis. Especially since it was seven years ago that I took up temporary residence in your recliner!! I know that God is with you & all will well in His time. God bless!!
Peg

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry that the shoulder is so bad.
I am praying for your comfort, continued strength and courage.
Love, Joan

11:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marty and Jack,

I am so thankful for Dr Lee's statement....he knows you are a special lady, Marty. Sorry the shoulder is giving you so much trouble.

Jack, you do a superb job in keeping us all informed.
Thank you.

May you continue to feel the Lord's arms around you as you walk this walk.

Love and hugs,
Carolyn

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home