Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thursday Evening

Good evening to all!

Hope you all had a great day in God's presence, receiving His grace and love.

We started our day today with Isaiah 12:5 "Sing to the Lord, for He has done glorious things; let this be known to all the world." How awesome it is to think about this verse from Isaiah which is so old and yet is so revelant for today. So let me sing to the Lord. Well, the family says that I can only sing solo - that is "so low" that no one can hear me. But I want everyone to hear how good God is so let me just write it out here, hopefully using the right words in the right places and spelling them correctly. But if I don't do that I hope that all the world can know the glorious things that God has done anyway.

Marty has had an okay day today. She has gotten some Christmas decorations out between her many naps in the chair. This has been a day of a lot of sleep, we believe to be an indication of her need for blood and/or platelets. We will go to Dukes in the morning for a CBC and then do whatever is called for. It may or may not mean a trip to Indy, but the blood work that was done yesterday was already saying there was a need for platelets. So we are pretty sure, without trying to second guess God, that we will go to Indy. Marty's throat seems to be responnding to the salt water and med doc said to use for it. Praise the Lord it is feeling better. Marty was able to eat all three meals today with less discomfort. God is good - all the time. All the time - God is good. Her ankle seems to be improving. The color is starting to come back to normal and there seems to be less discomfort each day. Her NOSE is actually not as bad today too, what a blessing. There has still been some red drainage, but not at all like the last two or three days. We are just so thankful that everything does not hit at one time. God has spared us that and we say thank you Lord.

Well that about covers Marty's condition and the day I do believe, so may we all "sing to the Lord for he has done glorious things;...."

Have a great evening, a night of rest that refreshes you for your ministry tomorrow.

Take care and God bless.

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Logansport Great Banquet is holding a blood bank for Marty on Dec. 10 noon to 6 p.m. To schedule to donate call First Presbyterian Peru. We will get the list from them.

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home