Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Monday, November 20, 2006

Monday Night

Well good evening, or good morning and which ever Praise the Lord! Today has again been a blessed day for us and we pray for you as well. And of course a part of our blessing is you our family, friends, supporters, prayers, God's hands and feet for us and for others. Thank your Lord!


Today has been a pretty good day for Marty. She was getting her next to the last chemo tonight when I left her, infact it was almost finished, Praise the Lord. Her ankle is continuing to go down and the pain is not as bad. In fact today was only one pain pill. But then again we are only walking 3 times instead of 4 and only half the distance. But it is so good that she can do any walking at all. She ate three good meals today even though she was only hungry for about one of them. She has continue to drink a lot and the blood work for the "plumbing" is looking good. Speaking of blood work, Dr. Lee is pleased with all that it is doing. Praise the Lord.

The plan as of now is that she will finish her last chemo about 9:00am + or - and we will come home tomorrow afternoon. At this point we do not know what "afternoon" means. So we will get there when we get there.

Well I had to come to Buffalo Wild Wings again tonight and they are cleaning all around me since I am the only one in this section. I get the idea that they would not mind if I would leave. Besides, I have to get back to take Buddy for a walk and then I have a "few" dishes - actually containers - to wash. You know I used the great kind of dishes that I could take care of real easy, but I have some pots, pans, and containers that need washed. So I need to get that taken care of tonight.

So I better finish this and my beverage and hit the road. Oh yes, I have heard from a couple of folks who have wondered if I come here more for the beverage than for the wilreless internet. And I have assured them that it is for the internet!

I, no we, will get back with you tomorrow from home. Until then, take care, glorify God with all that you do, and God bless.

Jack
John 3:16

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful! I will transfer the mail down to your house this morning. A beautiful day with lots of sunshine to welcome you out of the hospital. Have a safe trip home.
Love, Joan

9:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to have you three home! Have a great Thanksgiving and here's something to think about...
If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito.
-Reese, Betty
Love ya!
Cathy and family

5:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home