Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Saturday Afternon

Greetings to all:

I am doing this from the West 86th Street Buffalo Wild Wings, Grill and Bar and is it "Wild" in here. In the corner I am in there is on large screen and four regular TV, not all on the same ball game. The place has all kinds of people that are watching the different games and cheering for their team. So if at any point I don't make sense, please don't mind and forgive. (Of course I know, you will just say - "What's the difference?")

You are probably wondering why you did not get a message yesterday and why I am here today. I wish I knew. I could not get on the internet at the hospital yesterday or today. I was in touch with a person at the hospital earlier this afternoon and still no success. I have also been on the phone to Peru about it, and I have even been to a coffee shop. Finally I ended up here and got on. Praise the Lord! I knew it would happen some how - besides the onion rings and beverage are not to bad at all. I knew there was a reason to come here!

At any rate we are moving right along with God as our Guide, Supporter, Protector, our all. Yesterday for Marty was a restless day. It started during the night and just kept on going. She was really having a bad time,not being able to sleep, not being albe to keep her legs still, having a head ache, and it was almost like you name it and she had it. But she kept right on going - taking her walks, eating, and doing all that she was to do. God is so good to give her that strength and deter-mination to do what she has to do. And she is so good to do it. Praise the Lord! Finally in the afternoon they gave her a pain pill for her head ache and that seemed to help settle things down. Marty was so thankful that it was not a chemo day, what a blessing. She did sleep pretty good last night, I believe only being up once. That was good.

Today has been a falling day. It seems that Marty fell in the shower this morning and was down, trying to get up, for what at least seemed to her to be 10 to 15 minutes. I was not there yet, and the string to pull for the nurse was on the other side of the room, so she had a problem. Finally she heard the nurse in her room and called her to come help. They took her down to x-ray for her left ankle and the report is that there are no breaks. But ooooooh does it hurt. We do believe that the walks are sure going to be limited for a day or two. She is doing her best to keep ice on it, but it seems to me that it is still getting bigger. Thank the Lord that it hasn't stopped her from drinking and/or eating her lunch, infact that's eating at all.

Marty has also been running a low grade temp since yestereday afternoon, from what we don't know. And her WBC went up today while the other two went down. It seems like something might be going on but we don't known. God does and He will take care of everything. He has already taken care of the fact the Dr. Lee, our Doc., is on call this week-end. So he will be right on top of everything.

Well I am not sure that there is anything else to report at this time. I am hoping that by getting the LP to work here that it may work at the hospital. If not I guess I will just have to come back here tomorrow after the Colts - Go Colts - game and give you another report.

This morning when I looked out side I said to myself, "Oh what a beautiful morning, oh what a beautiful day." And so it is! Maybe it is not all going the way I wish, but it is still so beautiful and so awesome to be a part of it. Praise and thanks be to God. Don't forget to join your Community of Faith tomorrow to together praise and thank God, this Thanksgiving Week, for all He has give you.

Have a great day and God bless.

Jack
John 3:16

2 Comments:

Blogger J.P.G. said...

ou both are in my prayers and Marty stay off the floor. That is not a good place to be. We had a good trip to Maryland and the baby is a doll. Of course we would think so. Have some good pictures to brag about. Sure hope things will go just right for you. My love to you both, Juanita

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello to both of you from Peg in Defiance! I'm sure you both are frustrated by the ups & downs of theis struggle. But, your faith is strong & God will give you whatever you need to get through each day. I'm off to Nebr on Thursday for the weekend ("Thankmas" as my niece has named it) & will return here Sunday evening. Have a blessed Thanksgiving! Love & prayers to you!!

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home