Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Saturday, October 28, 2006

Saturday Night 10:50pm

Greeting and God's blessing to all!

Last night I was in such a hurry that I forgot to tell all of you about a major dis-comfort that Marty has had the last few days. She thinks it started Wed. evening but really got bad Thur. night. Both nights she had been in her recliner and Thur. night when she went to get out of the chair she had really bad pain on the right side of her neck, shoulder, and upper back. It was even worse when she got into bed, so we got a heating pad. She has continued to say it is more of a muscle pain than a bone pain. She has kept the heat on it today and is indicating that it is imporving. We don't really know if she just strained something or what is going on but we praise God that it is improving. And other than that all other things are going pretty good. She is doing what she can, then resting for awhile and is really looking good.

Well, today sure was windy but was very beautiful around here. There are again severaly stories that I could relate about the trees and leaves in the wind today but it is late. So I will only say again God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good. And the one story that I do want to tell is about taking my truck down to the jail to get it washed and one of the inmate workers who I had not seen since before Marty went down to St. V's asked me as soon as he saw me "How is your wife?" And then he said "I think about and remember her very day." Wow!! Praise the Lord!

I think we are so blessed in the many, many, many ways that we have seen God at work and have seen God's love, grace, support, help, and all His great attributes. God cares about each and everyone of us and what is going on in our lives. After all each thing we go through in life, God has promised to be with us. So God doesn't want "bad" things any more than we do. Therefore, if we allow God, He turns them into "good" things. Praise the Lord!

Have a great day in the Lord's presence tomorrow and enjoy the community of faith and what God will offer through your sisters and brothers in Christ. Remember, God loves YOU!!!!!! Praise the Lord!

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a tree on 32 in Cook's yard where the pond is that's the most beautiful oak around. Certain times of the day she shows her color like the queen she is. I say queen because the tree looks like it's branches and leaves form a long skirt that provides a most beautiful canopy. The ice storm a few years back did some damage to her top but she still keeps on showing her majesty. Marty and that tree have much in common.

Susie

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Jack and Marty, for the blogs. I had missed them somehow so I am all caught up. It was so good to see you and Marty in church today.
Love, Joan

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home