Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Thursday Night

Praise the Lord! Another of God’s great decisions has shown its face in our home today. God was so good when He gave us children when we were young and grandchildren when we are older. The grandchildren are such a joy; the boys have certainly brightened the day today for Marty. Tomorrow will be even better as Erin will be here as well, which means they will all be here and that is indeed a blessing. We praise and thank God daily for our children and grandchildren; God has been so good to us.

Marty has had a little better day today. It seems like her WBC has probably come up and we are not sure what the Hgb. has done. There has still been a lot of tiredness today, but certainly not as bad as the last two days have been. The shoulder has required pain medication every 6 hours and the discomfort has been somewhat improved.

We will see one of Dr. Lee’s partners tomorrow about noon, have blood work done and see what she has to say. This will be the first time to be seen since getting out of the hospital a week ago last Tuesday. It will be interesting to see what she has to say.

Well, I think that about covers it for tonight. As we come closer to the New Year may we take time to think about all the blessings we have received in 2006 and give thanks to God for them. And remember that even in the things that happen that we don’t fully understand there are still blessings. Marty has now recorded 184 blessings that she has received during her 38 days of having been in the hospital. God is good – all the time. All the time – God is good. And that is only when she was in the hospital, it does not include all the blessings that she has received from all over, particularly since August 15th when this whole thing became an official problem and struggle. Thank you Lord! Set a side some specific time to give God thanks for 2006.

Yesterday’s scripture calendar was John 14:27 - “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” Jesus says to us. May we remember that promise always.

Be positive – be blessed – and take care.

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Marty and Jack, I am praying for Marty to be more comfortable and released from all this pain. I am so sorry, Marty. Have a wonderful time with your grandchildren.
Love, Joan

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home