Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Saturday Morning

Hi to all!

As you can well see ,I did not get anything posted last night. So ,I will try to catch all of you up right now. And to do that, I is to say that for Marty the bottom line is about the same. Yesterday was still not one of her best days, but after sleeping all afternoon , I do believe that last night was a little better. There is still a lot of discomfort in the neck, back, and hip as well as lack of energy. Dr. Lee reminded us on Wednesday that her body has been through a lot, with the chemo and the infection that was in her blood. It affected her entire body and that for a while she is going to have her good days and her bad days. His best suggestion was for her to only do what she feels she can do and not to push herself to hard or baby herself . We know that the later is not a problem but at times I do get concerned about the former. She is a Martha - Praise the Lord!

This morning still has to tell its story as how she is doing. She just got up and says she is not feeling to bad.

I am happy to say that my "kingship" is over and I promise I will not eat so much cheese in such a short time, even if it has to be thrown away. I had a busy day yesterday trying to catch up some in the office, contacting some folks, trying to make some contacts, making hospital visits, and not getting home until after 7:30pm. That is why I did not get anything on the blog last night. Today is finishing up a sermon, doing a home communion, and I believe getting some food into our house. So, I doubt I will get another posting done.

Marty and I certainly look forward to seeing many of you in worship tomorrow morning. We have missed you and our Community of Faith. The last couple of weeks seem like a lot longer than they have been, we have indeed missed seeing you, being with you, and talking to you. We give thanks for the presence of God and His promises as we took that dangerous road of infection with this disease. We hope that everyone will be with their Community of Faith tomorrow and be open to God's word, will, and way.

Have a positive day, and God bless.

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home