Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Friday, June 01, 2007

Friday Night

Good Evening:

Can you believe that there is another message already? Well, it just seemed a good idea to bring you up to date, whether it is what we want to say and hear or not.

Well, yesterday Marty got two units of blood here in Peru at Dukes Hospital. That was a welcomed change. The out patient unit at St V’s was too busy so we were allowed to get it here and it went very well. Then today after the biopsy she had to get 12 units of platelets and that was done at St. V’s.

Now as far as the biopsy, we will not have all of the results until sometime next week. But after doing the biopsy Dr. Lee said that he thinks the bone marrow is “fibro tic”. Now if you don’t know what that means, don’t feel bad, I sure didn’t either. So when I asked Dr. Lee he told me that it means that “the bone marrow is hardening” and that is not a good thing. This does not happen in all MDS or AML cases but he truly believes it is happening to Marty. The biopsy will tell this for sure. Dr. Lee is now suggesting that Marty have the bone marrow transplant. When I said that the odds for that are so poor, Dr. Lee said that any and all of the treatments that are available to Marty have very poor odds. As I have thought about what Dr. Lee said I believe that it comes down to this: there is no treatment for the hardening, therefore it must be totally removed from the body, which is very dangerous, and the attempt made to put new in the body. As we have mentioned before that whole process is very dangerous and there are a lot of things that can and do go wrong, and the odds of success for Marty are very low.

So we are asking that you pray that we will be able to discern God’s will for Marty in this situation.

Dr. Lee also said that all that has been and is going on with Marty right now is the illness. He had hoped that the blood would help her to feel a little better but it has not worked. So far nothing has helped the problems that she has been having since May 14th.

So we are also asking that you pray that we will know God’s will as far as Marty’s weakness, tiredness, etc. and that in God’s grace He will help her with this suffering and discomforts.

God is good – all the time! All the time – God is good! When we allow and cooperate with God He will use us in any and all situations. We know that God has been using Marty in many ways the last 10 months. Praise the Lord! Just today we got a letter from out of state from a person who only really met and talked to Marty once and yet she could see how God had and is using Marty to touch others, including this person. Praise the Lord! We don’t know what else God has for Marty to do, but we do know that God is with Marty in all that she is going through right now and we pray that His will and grace will be fulfilled, and to God will be the glory.

The verse on Marty’s scripture calendar for June 1 is Matthew 6:27 which reads: “Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?” What an awesome verse because it is indeed true for each of us – worry can not add to our life. Therefore, all situations that concern us we must turn over to God, let God take care of it, and do not take it back from God. Worry about anything cannot be positive for us, as individual and/or as a group. Let God do the worrying as we do the ministry and mission that glorifies God. Join me as I let God be God and I discern His will to do it and to glorify God.

Marty is asleep and therefore will not read this over, so I will plead my case by saying that I have been up since 4:30am and it is now 12:30am. If I am not mistaken that is 20 yours that I have been up and yes, I am tired. So if I have missed some things in this that need corrected, please forgive. I am tired. And because I am tired I am going to close this now and go to be.

Again thanks for your prayers and support and may you have a positive day as you glorify God and God is with you and blesses you.

Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home