Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday Evening

Greetings to all!

I know that it has been 9 days since the last posting, and I am sorry about that, but it sure has been busy and I just did not have the time and/or energy to get anything on. Sorry about that, particularly for those of you who rely on the blog, for all of your information. I want to say that I will try to do better in the future, but as of right now I really do not see the time and energy being any better in the near future. So, I will do my best to keep the blog up as often as I can.

Marty is about the same, I would say. It does not seem to us as though the shot that she got a couple of weeks ago, from Dr. Lee, to help build up the red blood cells, has not seemed to work. We did forget to ask how long it would take to work, so we don’t know if this is to be expected or not. We see Dr. Lee again next Wednesday and we will see what he thinks and if Marty can get another shot or not.

Today, Marty got the shot in her spine that we hope will relieve the nerve pain in her low back, right hip and right leg. The doctor said today that her spine is 2 inches off from the Scoliosis. It seems like the chemo is making that worse and worse and I sure wonder if there are not more nerves involved. But, no matter what, I sure hope that the pain gets better. The last shot that Marty received helped for about 3-4 months. It sure would be great to see that happen again. The full effects of the shot may not be seen for 2-3 days, according to the discharge nurse today.

Yesterday, we went to Indy to have the biopsy done, to see if the lining of the uterus has changed due to medicine or other disease. The bottom line is that the biopsy was not successful because they could not get through the cervix to obtain any tissue. Both doctors do believe that it was caused by medicine, so we will probably just wait 3 or 4 months and do another ultrasound and see if there are any changes. If so, then outpatient surgery (D & C) will be done and if not then it will be considered having been caused by the Tamoxifen and they will keep an eye on it.

So, over the last 9 days the things have been done that needed to be done, but we have not seen any change in Marty at this point. She is still extremely tired, has pain in the right clavicle and both shins, as mentioned above her back and hip are possibly even a little worse. She has a very hard time walking long distances, standing in one place for more than a couple of minutes, and she continues to take pain medicine three times a day.

Again, we see Dr. Lee on Wednesday and we will be happy to get another CBC to see what is going on there and to see if Dr. Lee has anything else up his sleeve that could help Marty.

Marty’s scripture calendar lists Proverbs 12:25 which is an awesome verse for us. It reads: “An anxious heart weights a man down, but a kind word cheers him up.” Wow, isn’t that a great one!
Praise the Lord! There it is again, the positive (a kind word) is the best, it will do so much more than “an anxious heart.” I know a lot of the time that is so much easier to say than to do. Well, folks that is where we must grow the faith and get closer to God. We must let God have our anxious heart, while we follow Jesus by being positive in all aspects of our lives. As we continue through this Easter Season, may this be our goal to the glory of God.

Have a positive week-end and God bless!

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home