Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Monday, October 02, 2006

Monday AM

Well yesterday was a really busy day and as everyone can well see I didn't get anything posted. But I am so glad to report that it was an awesome day. Marty really had a good day even though, or maybe becasue, I was not around very much. I went to Peru to preach and do some things (washing, etc.) leaving at 6:30am and getting back about 6:30pm. Long day!! Marty had a good day taking about 4 walks in the hall and even going to the hall at the other end of this floor. She was catching up for the first couple of days when she didn't walk I think. Then we had a great little communion service at about 7pm. John and Pat, Beth, Susie and Terry, Jim and Diane were all here and for the closing prayer we all laid hands on Marty. It was really meaningful, I think. Then Ed Morgan came, visited and worked on the computer. All and all it was a great day -- Praise the Lord! God is good - all the time -- all the time - God is good.

Eric and Erin arrived late last night. They stayed in the RV with me and we are over with Marty now. Erin and Marty are watching a movie on Erin's DVD. It is a new movie that Eric bought Erin to bring down to see with Grandma.

The doc was in to see Marty at about 5:00am and said all was going well, except the med that probably caused the sleeplessness Friday night has to be increaded back to the orginial amount. So they will try something else to help her sleep. She also was in need of platates, so she is in the process of getting 12 units right now. Even with just 5 or 6 hours sleep she is doing great. She has 3 days of chemo down and 3 to go. Everyone says she is doing great! Praise the Lord.!

Oh yes Marty was also very pleased to welcome Gary Palmer early this morning. He had been to the airport and Marty and I really appreciated that he took time to stop by to say Hi!

Well I think I will close for now. Have a great day and God bless.

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

I still don't know how to work the spell check and forgot to ask Ed about it - so I do not claim the spelling to all be right.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My thought and prayers are with you! Lots of love, April Edgerley

ps let Marty know I am thinking of her and miss her smiling face!

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home