Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Friday, June 22, 2007

Friday Morning

Greeting

Sorry about not getting this on last night. I went to Peru yesterday and when I got back Marty was in bed, I was tired and had not had anything to eat, so this is what had to wait.

Just to bring you up to date with the short story. Wednesday night, Thursday morning was really bad, bad, bad. She had really bad leg and foot pain that lasted for some time. Dr. said this was from the low hgb. which was 7.2 in the AM. So yesterday was 2 units of blood. Yesterday was better than Wednesday as far as tiredness but even after the blood she was having the leg and foot pain. The pain continued during the night as well so they now have her on a patch for the pain. It seems to be helping but she is still very, very sleepy - is it the med. or what????? She is still on the TPN feedings, but does have breakfast, lunch, and dinner of clear liquids. Right now this looks like an very low energy day but we will see.

We are now at 10 days since the chemo and Dr. Lee had told us that was a bench mark - it should mark the bottom and the start back up. So we are certainly hoping that is the case.

I want to get this on line for you, so I will stop for now, as we look forward to a positive day and the presence and grace and love of God with us. And may it be the same for you.

Have a positive day and God bless.

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home