Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Tuesday Evening

Greetings from 6610 St. V’s Hospital, Indy, IN

Well, don’t know about you, but we got some rain this morning, actually a couple of times, and then a beautiful, sunny afternoon. I am sure it was not enough rain, but it had to have helped some. Praise the Lord! There is supposed to be more coming, but let us hope it is not Friday or Saturday.

Well, it has been a better day for Marty today. Last night she put herself on clear liquids, because of the way that her lunch had affected her stomach. So tonight she is going to be started on TPN in order to give her stomach and colon a rest. Her blood counts today were very low: WBC still at “0. 3”, Hgb at 8.7 (another day or two and we’ll need blood); and Platelets at 20, which should mean she will need them tomorrow. The good thing is that the fibrinogen is now making itself and is back up into the acceptable range. Praise the Lord! Dr. Lee said this morning that all is going as expected to this point, that we need to take one day at a time, and that we are not out of the woods yet. Never-the-less, it is so good to see Marty feeling a bit better, and certainly headed in the right direction. Praise the Lord! Oh yes, I almost forgot, the Lasix was decreased and Marty has gained some weight back already. I hope that soon they will get that under control and decrease that liquid that she has been retaining. Her feet are really looking bad. Like Dr. Lee said, one day at a time and praise the Lord always.

Today has been one of those days that have reminded me for several reasons how quickly “things” can change. The first thing was sleeping in the motor home and hearing the rain hit the roof. Since we need the rain so bad, it was just great to hear it coming down. Then the rain stopped and so I decided I would take Buddy over to where Marty could see him out the hospital window. Well, I no sooner got her called to tell her we were outside the window and it started raining again. So, she sure didn’t get to see him very long. That was disappointing, but we will try again. Then, tonight Eric and Erin were to come over and Eric called saying that he was having car problems and they would not be able to make it. That too, was disappointing, but I am sure that Eric will make every effort to be over next week.

My thinking with all of this is gratefulness that God is so dependable. Indeed there are those times when we are not on the same page as God, but I believe that is not God’s fault, it is my fault and yours. I believe that we are far more self-centered than God. You know as I think about it, it is hard to come up with a specific time that the Bible talks about Jesus being self-centered. He was always God centered, concerned for others, and showing the love and grace of Almighty God. Praise the Lord! Further it seems to me that when we can do the same thing as Jesus we are not thrown out of relationship with God when these changes come. And that is a good thing. God is indeed dependable, He shows His love and grace to us in all situations whether we are on the same page or not. We do not have the entire picture, but God does and when we are God centered, rather than self-centered, we don’t have to worry about the entire picture because our faith and trust is in the One who has the picture and He will see to it that it is accomplished. So, let’s not let the “changes” in life derail us from centering our lives in God. Praise the Lord!

Have a positive one, and God bless.

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home