Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Friday, June 15, 2007

Thursday Night (could not get it on last night so here it is Friday morning)

Greetings!

I do not know if this will get on line tonight or in the morning. I am having trouble getting on line tonight for the first time since we have been here. I don’t know what the problem is but I will try again when I finish this and if that doesn’t work I will try in the morning.

The word for today has been “SLEEP”! Marty has just been doing a lot of sleeping today. She really feels tired and weak. On her last walk for today, which was the sixth, she saw a chair in the hall down at the other end that just had her name on it. She had to sit down for about 10 minutes before being able to make her way back to the room. The morning assessment showed that she had lost .3 pound of weight. That is not much, but at least it was in the right direction. The doctor thinks the weight gain has been caused by the steroid, Decadron, she has been on. He is going to reduce it slowly because it also affects some of the pain that she is having. Her blood pressure is up for her, but not enough to really worry about. She has no desire to eat but she continues to eat each meal as it comes. Marty has always talked about the non-compliant patients and she does not want to get that tag pinned on her, so she just keeps going, and going, and going. Praise the Lord!

God is good – all the time! All the time – God is good! I think it is so interesting how something can happen in life that slows you down and says take it easy and watch what you are doing. I do not call these co-incidences, but I call them God-incidences. And one of those happened to me last night. I needed to move the motor home because I had a water leak last Friday that caused me to loose two-thirds of my fresh water. So, I decided that last night was the time to take care of that. I made sure that everything was okay inside before I took off, but I didn’t check EVERYTHING outside, because I took off with the electric cord still connected. That is not a smart thing to do and by doing it I proceeded to pull the electric wire completely out of the motor home. NOT GOOD! Then to fix it, it took me about 45 minutes instead of the 15 – 20 minutes it should have taken. But Praise the Lord I did get it fixed.

How often is it that we that we pull away from God, not because we want to, but because we get to busy and have to many other things on our mind? Think about it and think about what you can do to stop it from happening in our life. I know I am going to put up a reminder in the motor home to unplug the electric before I move it. How can you be sure that you are always connected to God, the source of your power, grace, and love? Get connected and don’t let go!!!

Have a positive day and God bless.

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home