Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Wednesday Evening

Greetings to all!

We hope you have had a blessed and positive day and that the heat has not gotten to you.

Eric and Erin have been here today and are on their way home now. It has been an interesting and busy day. Marty and Erin where busy playing Dora games, watching a DVD, taking walks with Erin riding on the IV pole, and sharing food. Eric called a little while ago and he was just getting on I 69 and Erin was sound asleep. Marty laid down after they left but did not go to sleep. I think she had a positive day, but is very tired.

Today, Marty has been very tired, forcing herself to eat her three meals, doing a fair amount of coughing, her stomach has not felt right, and generally has just not felt good. We have another concern that everyone is keeping an eye on and that is that her urine output is higher than her intake, but she is still gaining weight. The last four days she has gained about 14.9 lbs. and it certainly is not weight with the little she is eating in comparison to normal. So, we need to send up some prayers about that and keep an eye on what is going on. This is a waiting period of time and we really don’t need any problems while we are waiting. God is good – all the time! All the time – God is good! And His will will prevail.

Titus 3:1 reads: “Remind the people to be subject to rulers and authorities, to be obedient, to be ready to do whatever is good…” I like the last phrase of this verse. You know to do what that says, means that we cannot be selfish and we cannot be thinking only of ourselves. Because “to be ready to do whatever is good…” could mean that we are called on to do something for someone else before we do something for ourselves.

Today I had extended conservations with one patient and two relatives of patients. I think these were “good” things but I sure did not set out to do them. Rather, I was ready and willing to do them when the opportunity presented itself. And you know it helped me to feel “good”. In fact, I know that it helped me to feel better than if I would have just gone about my own business. You know it is so easy for us to get lost in our own little worlds and loose sight of God’s plan and direction for us. But in many different ways, God will call us back in line. Praise the Lord!

I encourage you tomorrow “…be ready to do whatever is good…” to the glory of God.

Have a positive day and God bless.

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home