Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Sunday Night

Greetings on this Lord’s Day from two of God’s children in Indy:

This has been another of those lazy, drowsy days for Marty. Her HGB went from 8.9 yesterday to 7.2 today. Therefore, she had to have two units of blood today. The pre-med for blood and the blood itself seems to make Marty so drowsy and it usually last for the day. The other disappointing thing is that the blasts this morning were 40. We will talk to Dr. Lee in the morning and see where we go from here. Not much else has changed on Marty’s condition: she still is holding fluid; has bad mouth sores; is on the line with her kidneys and liver; blood sugar that is improving but finger tips on the right hand that look like meat; and briuses all over her body from shots and low platelet counts. But, spirit and attitude are good and we praise the Lord for that.

God is good – all the time! All the time – God is good! Proverbs 16:22 reads, “Understanding is a fountain of life to those who have it ….” What understanding is the writer talking about in this verse? To be perfectly honest I am not sure what the scholars and interpreters say, but let me share with you what it is saying to me right now. At this moment it means to me that I have to understand that God has a plan that is to Marty and my benefit and that will glorify Him. Obviously I do not know the details of the plan, I only know that God loves us and wants the best for us. So, the over all philosophy of the plan is good according to God’s love and grace. Praise the Lord! That means then, that I must put my faith and trust in God. I must relay upon Him for my understanding and strength. I must allow Him to be the first priority in my life so that I am open and available for His will to be done through me. And, if I have that understanding I will indeed have a fountain of life, a meaningful life, a life that is full of God’s grace and love. I pray for that understanding and ability to know the presence of God in my life right now and always.

May you have a positive evening, night, and day tomorrow. God bless!

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home