Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sunday Evening

Greetings to all!

God is good – all the time. All the time – God is God!! Praise the Lord!

Last night I was talking about God’s signs and wonders and as I tell you about Marty today I will be bring up one of, what I believe to be, God’s signs and wonders that we experienced this day. Praise the Lord!

I also mentioned last night about Marty’s confusion yesterday but in doing so, I do not believe that I really left out of the bag, how very bad it was. Further, I am not going to go into detail about it tonight, because it would be kind of hard to explain on the blog and take up to much room. But I will say that it got worse all day and came to a point where it was really bad. This morning when Dr. Josephson, a neurologist, came in she was no doubt at her worst: so he ordered a MRI, an EEG, and a number of blood tests. The only thing that we have heard so far is that he will talk to us in the morning. I take it that it will not be too bad of news or he would have done something else today. At any rate, at about 4:30 pm this afternoon Marty sat down on the edge of the bed and began to talk to me. In other words, she began to come back from that “world of confusion”. She knows that she was confused but she does not remember all that happened. I have told her a few of the things and she can not believe it. But that is history and we are praising God for this wonderful change in her condition and most certainly take it as a sign of His presence and His love. Even a number of the nursing staff has said this one was indeed a God thing, because medicine did not know what was happening yet and had done nothing to change it. Praise the Lord for His wonderful acts and gracious signs. Marty is still in the process of “coming back”, and we do have confidence that will happen. She has still eaten three good meals today and taken three walks in the hall. She wants to get a fourth one in before I leave, but I have to get water in the motor home so I am not sure that will happen.

We recall from the New Testament scriptures that Jesus was indeed a lover and supporter of children. Even when the disciples were trying to move them away so that they would not disrupt Jesus and His work, Jesus said to them, “Let the little children come unto me….” What an awesome witness. The little children who most often we think can not really contribute to the ministry, Jesus says let them come unto me. Why is this? I suggest to you that it does have to do with the ministry that they do. And if you wonder what that ministry is I invite you to watch a six year old minister to her grandmother, particularly when Grandma is in the hospital. What I saw this week end was just awesome. Praise the Lord! Erin was so loving and caring about her Grandmother yesterday and today. She was up in bed with her and put her arm around her. She was on her tip toes to give her a kiss. It seems at first like she didn’t want her to go for the MRI and then when she found out she could go along she helped to get her there. And the smiles on Marty’s face were awesome particularly against the other expressions that we had been seeing on her face. It was a very meaningful experience that said again, God uses little children to bring His grace and love to others. Praise the Lord. We certainly need to remember this particularly when we say that the children are the future of the church. They are indeed a part of the present church and have a very important ministry to do. “Suffer the children to come unto me,….”

What children do you know in ministry? What ones are you including in your ministry? What children are you bring to worship? They are important!

Have a positive day and God bless.

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home