Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Thursday early AM for Wednesday (6:15 am)

Good morning:

I had hoped to get this on earlier this morning for the real early birds, but I didn't, so I hope some of you will see it and be up to date for today on what has gone on with Marty recently.

Yesterday, was a better day for Marty. Several good things happened. First, her blood sugar has been coming down. Marty has been off the steroids since Sunday and that is making the difference. In fact, this morning she had a low blood sugar attack that required some immediate attention. (She is doing fine now.) Second, the WBC slowed down in its coming down. It only came done 1/10th of a point: from .7 to .6. That, I believe, is a good thing because as I understand it, Dr. Lee did not want it to come down to fast, which it seemed to be doing. Now on the other side of the fence, they decreased diuretics and she gained over 7 pounds. Obviously that is not going to work and they are going to have to try somethings else. Second, yesterday was a rather sleepy day, but all that needed to be done was done. Third, it seems that Marty was just a little weaker. That is to be expected as she goes toward the week-end when she is to be at her lowest point. We must pray and she must be careful that no complication set in.

Dr. Lee has taken a few days off and we are waiting for his replace to come in as he is taking rounds for him for the next 4 days. I did not know this so I have been here since 4:10 am. But I thought it a good idea to stay and meet the man who will take Dr. Lee's place when he retires in the early fall.

As I look out the window the sun is coming up and the sky has a lot of red in it. Further, in the building next door the sun - being a bright and beautiful red is reflecting off a window. It just looks so beautiful and inviting outside, as I am on the inside looking out. I am also reminded of the old saying - "Red at night, sailors delight, red in the morning, sailors warning." So according to that "old saying" what do you think your warning for this morning is? How will your handle it? Will it get you down or will it lift you up? Will it be old or new? Will you deal with it positively or negatively? And there my friend, I believe, is the key to the whole issue: it is not what will happen but HOW WILL YOU DEAL WITH WHATEVER HAPPENS? And most often that is an entirely different issue that we don't deal with properly. We tend to deal with the "warnings" and "bad things" that happen to us in a negative way, before we really think about and/or deal with what is the real effect it has and how we can be sure to respond positively to it.

For example, the clock on the wall is warning me that if I don't get this published real soon a lot of working friends and family will not see this until tonight. The purpose of it was to get out so you have an up date for the day. So how do I positive respond to this - even though I do have more to say about the subject, I will publish now.

Have a positive day and God bless.

Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home