Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Monday, July 16, 2007

Monday Night (July 16, 2007)
Marty’s Birthday

Greetings

Hope that you have had a positive day – we have. As indicated above it is Marty’s birthday and it has indeed been a positive day. I got signs and all to let everyone know what today is and it has worked, lots of people have greeted Marty. Then I cooked dinner out at the motor home and brought it in and we certainly enjoyed it. I had also gotten her a cake and it was in the nurse’s kitchen, so about 6 or 8 of them brought it in and sang happy birthday to her. They also gave her a card and a stuffed animal. So, all in all it has been a good day.

We also got good news from the neurologist that everything in the brain is okay; particularly for all that she has been through. Praise the Lord! They are going to continue to follow her because the MRI did show infection in the sinuses that they want to be sure does not go to the brain. She had to have platelets today and we expect that she will have blood tomorrow because it was at 8.1 today. Her WBC was 0.1 today, still not “0” so, we are real interested to see what it will be tomorrow. Marty has been getting around and feeling pretty good today. Praise the Lord!

Dr. Lee said this morning that he thought that Marty has another day or two before she really hits bottom. Then there is that building up period, before things really start back up. Oh yes, I almost forgot to let you know that there were 20 blasts in the blood this morning. This is the third day in a row and I kind of wonder if we still ignore it or not.

The thought for today is SLEEP. Last night I had to get water, etc. in the motor home so I only go a little over 3 hours sleep before I came over to see Dr. Lee at 4 am. Then I waited until 1:45 pm until the neurologist came in. So, it only left me time for an hour and a half nap before I started fixing dinner. So you can see why my thought for tonight is SLEEP. And since it is I am just going to cut this off and say GOOD NIGHT!

Have a positive day and God bless.

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home