Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Tuesday Morning – October 23, 2007

Greeting to All!

Praise the Lord! God is so good – all the time! All the time – God is so good!!!!!

It has been 72 days since Marty won her victory with the Lord. I have been praying for her in her transition and know that she is wonderful and happy in the presence of our God. Eric and Erin, Jennifer, Travis, Trey, Mason, and Cole, and Buddy and I, I do believe, are doing well in our transition as well. It is down to only talking on the phone a couple times a week now, and I think that is progress. At first the kids were calling Dad every day to make sure he was doing okay. Which I was, but I also enjoyed the calls. We all, of course, miss Marty very much, but are adjusting and are so grateful to God that she is not fighting that “c” (cancer) word any more and is in the presence of the capital “C” (Christ). Praise the Lord!

This is the third time I have published on “Marty’s Struggle” since she won her victory and it will probably be the last time. I have been overwhelmed with all of the comments and encouragement that I have received concerning this blog and the number of people who have and are encouraging me to have it published. But that is still in God’s hands, and if He wants it in my hands, He is having a hard time getting it there, because they are not yet receptive. But God has a will and a way, and His will shall be done. Praise the Lord!

God has proven that He can and does get His will done in many ways and one of those is that I am starting another blog. It is called “Jack’s Dispatch” and can be linked to from the church website, www.fpcperu.org or go direct at http://jacksdispatch.blogspot.com. Briefly the story behind this is that many people wanted me to continue to publish on “Marty’s Struggle” but I did not want to do that because I felt like that was not the purpose for her blog in the beginning, and besides that was her blog, and our blog, not my blog. I cannot begin to tell you how many people talked to me and encouraged me to continue to publish. Finally, God sent Ed M. who set up “Marty’s Struggle” to my office and we had a long talk – nothing really unusual because we both like to talk. At any rate, he understood the problem I was having and said “Let’s give you your own blog so you can continue to publish and show the ways that you see God in your life even now and for however long.” And that is exactly what is going to happen. As soon as I finish here I will put the first article on “Jack’s Dispatch.” I only pray that it will be half as meaningful and helpful as it seems “Marty’s Struggle” has been. Praise the Lord!

So it is with great, great love and thankfulness to Marty for who she was, all she did, for allowing me to love her and be loved by her, for our two beautiful, wonderful children (Eric and Jennifer), for the stars of her eyes our four grandchildren (Trey, Erin, Mason, and Cole), and just for so many other “things” as Marty served her God and glorified Him as best she could that I close this article, and in all probability, this blog. Marty was so kind, loving, and gracious always seeking the way to be helpful and to bring peace and comfort where ever she was…what a role model! I give thanks and praise to God that He brought us together and gave us the wonderful 2 years of dating and 40 years of marriage. And Marty I give you thanks for putting up with me, I will always love you, you will always be in my heart and my life. Thank you for who you are and all that you gave me. You are my love! With all my love, Jack!

Have a positive day and God bless.

Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home