Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Monday, August 06, 2007

Monday Night

Greetings:

Today has been somewhat of a roller-coaster ride: this morning started off pretty low for Marty and then got better only to go back down tonight. Don’t really like days like this, but I guess we are going to have them. After washing and dressing this morning Marty was so tired that she got in her hospital bed on the sun porch, ate her breakfast, and then went back to sleep. By mid- afternoon she seemed to be feeling a lot better and ready to take on a little more, but tonight she is again asleep and does not appear to be ready to take on much of anything.

Marty was pleased to welcome a number of visors today. Those who stopped by included: Sharon and Bob A. from FL; Danese S.; Juanita G. and Carolyn W. who brought dinner and then stayed to eat with us; Cheryl J. was here and watered the outside plants, then of course it rained, praise the Lord. It is always good to see visitors and get caught up with what has been going on with them and their families and in their individual lives.

Psalm 23:1 “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.” What an awesome verse in language that is easy to understand, and think about it, wow what a message. Here is a definition of a shepherd that is to watch over me. It is the Lord and God is going to take care of all of my needs. What more do I need? Where do I sign up?

The bottom line is that we sign up by asking God to be the first priority in our lives. Now, of course, that sounds easy enough and it is so easy that I probably do it 15 to 20 times a day. But, it really doesn’t make a difference, because when I do it that many times, I don’t really mean for it to happen and anyway I probably am trying to hold something back from God for whatever reason. So, how do I give things to God and really mean it? Well, it seems to me that here we have to follow in the example of Jesus in at least two ways. First, we have to continue to call upon God for His help and guidance for the little things as well as in the big things. God is never, never, never to busy to help us with whatever is happening, but we must ask. And, in our day of control, as well as being able to do everything it is very hard for us to ask for help. We would rather take hours to get it finished than to ask for help. Second, we must be prepared to let God’s will be done, and that may not be the same as ours. But, when we ask God for His help, we must be ready to accept it in whatever form it comes to us in. It seems to me that the Bible shows that Jesus was good at doing that sort of thing and that today’s society shows that we, you and I, are very poor at doing it.

What do you think? Does it make any sense? Do you think it could make a difference in your life if you really did the last two things that are suggested? It is not easy, but pray about it and give it a try – okay!

Have a positive day and God bless.

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great mini-sermon today! It is provoking a lot of thought for me. Love to Marty and Jack - I pray that today is really good for
everybody.
Joan

7:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home