Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Tuesday Night

Greetings from Marty, Jack, and the family:

Tuesday has been a good day. Marty has been going all day and doing pretty good. Breakfast started off rather slow, but the other two meals went fine. The nurse was here and all checked out. A CBC was done and it showed WBC at 7.2, HBG at 10.8, and PLT at 4. The first two are not bad for her at all, but the last one is a real problem, because anything below 10 can allow for spontaneous bleeding at any time. Also, the bad that showed up was that the neutrophils which basically tell how well the bone marrow is doing are only at 7, which is very low. So, the indication is that the bone marrow is not recovering very fast.

Visiting today was Carolyn W., Rita and Phil K., Susie N. brought dinner, Juanita G., and Beth E. Also, Glenn R. was also here to do a project for us. We have certainly enjoyed all the visits and everything people have done and given to us. It is so awesome to be back home close to friends and able to visit with them. Praise the Lord!

God is good – all the time! All the time – God is good! Today was indeed one of those days that God was certainly close by. I am not sure why, what was so different about the day and nothing big was expected, by me at least, but I still felt so close. What an awesome feeling on a normal day. You know what I mean? Have you had it happen often to you? It is so awesome to be relaxed and with God for no special reason. When that happens to me I really have an extra special good day. What about you?

Tell you what; let’s see if we can do that tomorrow. When you wake up the very first think that you do is to praise God, give thanks to God, and then give God your life, tell Him that today you are His and He can use you anyway that He wishes – you will follow and do. And then of course you must surrender your life to Him and what a day you will have. How about giving it a try?

Have a positive day and God bless.

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there Jack and Marty, We are here at the hospital working and are missing you both very much. We look at the end of the hallway and miss all of your festive decorations!! (and candy too) We are very glad to hear that you are enjoying your garden and the outdoors. I think of you and pray for you daily. I pray that God will give you both the strength to get you through each day. God bless and take care, Laura Emaus and the oncology nurses. WE MISS YOU!!!!

4:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home