Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Sunday, July 29, 2007

Sunday Night

Greetings:

For those of you who read last nights’ (or early this mornings’) publication, you will have indeed seen that I was TIRED, TIRED, TIRED!!!! One person so far was “brave” enough and had the “opportunity” to say something to me about it. When I read it today I laughed so hard, and I could not believe it. No, Marty did not go to a motel last night and I have absolutely no idea where that came from. Also, the sentence about “paint” makes no sense to me either. I have no idea what I was thinking about. I was falling asleep and obviously not able to concentrate on what I was doing. Maybe there is a real lesson in that for all of us. When we are really tired and can not concentrate, maybe we are a lot better off to wait until we have had some rest and can function normally before we do anything, particularly write a blog.

It also seems to me that the above applies to when we loose touch with God. When that happens, we should make our first priority to get God back in first place in our life, before we make decisions about anything else in life. It is so awesome when we allow God to rule and function through our life. God gives us the strength and even the words to say when we allow Him to do so. God will even do that on very short notice, when we call upon Him and let Him use us. There is really nothing that is according to God’s will and way that He will not help us to accomplish. I have seen this so many times during the last 11 months and I hope you have as well.

The latest one was this morning when I was sharing with the Church Family what was going on with Marty. At the end, I thought it would be good to finish it all up with a prayer. I had not prepared a prayer, nor had I even thought about doing one so I had nothing in mind to pray. So, I asked God for His help and to use me for a prayer that would help the Church Family to bring their focus back on the worship service and God as the first priority of our lives. Well Praise the Lord! God is good – all the time! All the time – God is good. And indeed God did use me to glorify Him in that prayer and to give guidance, grace, and love to all present. I found the prayer to be very meaningful and helpful to me personally, and for that I give thanks and praise the Lord!

The weekend has been fairly busy with visitors and we appreciate each and every one of them. On Saturday, were Jane and Gary H., Cheryl and Francis J., and Bev W. On Sunday, we had Andy H. (with the flowers from worship – thank you very much), Pat and John S., Wally B., Kristin H. and the girls, Susie D. and Doris from Winchester, Peg H. from Defiance, and Cheryl J. and her sister Doreena. What a blessing to see and be able to fellowship with all of these folks and to receive their grace and love, as well as God’s grace and love through them. Praise the Lord!

Now for Marty’s condition today and tonight. I would say that it is not that much different for the most part than they have been. We had one experience with Marty this morning when she was not totally “with it” – confused- and very sleepy. However, after about an hour and a half nap she came out of it and had a great day. Thank you Lord and Praise the Lord. Again, I would have to say that the problem that Marty is having is a lot more internal than external. When you first see her she does not look that sick, but her internal tests and blood tests show that not to be true. And, right now because blood work is not being done we don’t know exactly what is going on with her blood. All that we do know is that she is in very bad shape.

Marty, after the first few hours of the day, had a good day. She ate two really good meals, drank her water and iced tea, was awake most of the day, and really got along quite well. Praise the Lord! We hope there is another good nights sleep and a good day tomorrow. Again, thanks for your support, love, prayers, and grace in so many different ways.

Have a positive day and God bless.

Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home