Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Wednesday Night

Greetings to all from HOME:

Need-less-to-say after 7weeks, 49 days, Marty was certainly more than happy to get home. At the same time we MUST commend and praise Dr. Lee and the staff on the 6th floor of St. V’s Hospital. Believe us they are a very special group of people, who we have gotten to know and to love and are certainly the richer for it. It is so awesome on that floor. The nurses work 12 hours days and normally there is one nurse for each 3 or 4 patients. That means that most of the time they are able to spend time with each patient and that is really how you get to know them and they get to know you. Their goal is to be there for the entire family and not just the patient. That to is awesome. There are a number of stories I could tell about the good times that we had, but I will not, I will just say that we give thanks to God for His servants that He has called to work on 6 south at St. V’s Hospital and who have been such an asset in our lives. Praise the Lord!

Now, as for Marty the trip home was tiring but she made it and has kept right on going.
Eric and Erin came over to help us get home which was certainly appreciated. Erin is staying until Sunday, but Eric has to go back to work and then will come over for the weekend. Praise the Lord. Before, we got out of the parking lot Marty decided that she was hungry – I guess rightly so, since it was already 12:30 pm – so, we stopped at Applebee’s and had some lunch. Then shortly after we got home a nurse from hospice arrived to admit Marty and begins to educate me to be the primary care giver. Jennifer and the boys arrived this evening and so we certainly praise the Lord that we can be together. Travis will be coming over for the weekend and it will be good to see him. Meanwhile Marty is staying busy as usual. We are certainly grateful to have all the kids here and continue to praise God for them.

Marty’s physical condition has not really changed but her hip and leg are still causing trouble.

It is indeed getting late and we are tired. So, we are going to let it go for tonight. May you have a positive day tomorrow and God bless.

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marty & Jack,

I love and miss both of you!! I feel truly blessed to have met such wonderful people! I'm not sure that I'll ever be able to tell you just how much you have enriched my life! I really do appreciate the compassion and kindess you've shown to everyone throughout your stay.

We all hope you are doing well and that Marty is enjoying being at home and being with Buddy! We're all praying for both of you!

God Bless!
-Mika

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home