Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Monday, July 23, 2007

Monday Evening

Greetings to all:

I guess it is fair to say that this is a day that we have all known was coming, did not expect this soon, and did not want to come at all. Dr. Lee affirmed this morning that the fears that we had over the weekend were true. The blasts that began to show up in Marty’s blood on Friday are indeed an indication that she did not go into remission with the last chemo. The blasts have continued to come with 27% being in the blood today.

So, Marty has made the choice to come home and we will have the help of hospice. This means that Marty will have no further treatment for the AML, but will be kept comfortable as needed until the Lord takes her to be with Him and she will have that WIN that she talked about almost 11 months ago. We do not know yet exactly when she will come home because her bone marrow and blood counts are so low that the doctor does not want to release her for fear of infection. We are hoping that by Thursday or Friday she will be able to come home. Marty is very much ready for that. Once she gets home it is still very much in God’s hands and plan as to how long she will live. But God is good – all the time! All the time – God is good!

Again, I have to say like I did last night, that we do not understand the plan or the details – if we did we would be God – but we do know and understand that God only will do good for His children/servants, all who He loves. It is into that last understanding that we place our faith and trust and from which we receive our strength to go on according to His will. Praise the Lord!

At this point, tonight I am not sure that I have anything else to say except to say keep the faith and praise the Lord.

Have a positive day and God bless.

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home