Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Friday, January 05, 2007

Friday night

How is everyone???

I am looking for help to build an ark – any who would like to join me, can stop by Sunday afternoon. Particularly if it is still raining, we will finalize plans. What do you think? Isn’t this weather something else? I guess one thing for sure is that we can certainly be happy that it is not snow! If it was snow, we would probably be in worse shape that we were in 1978.

At any rate, since Marty is home most days and has the TV on for noise, she has heard a lot about the weather and she was telling me tonight at dinner, that part of what she has heard says all winter will be very mild and the summer very, very hot. Marty says that they are saying it is because of El Nino. I don’t know, but I believe that God is still in charge and that again we do not know what His plan is or the timing for it. So, with His blessing, we will have to take it and check out our relationship with God, to see where He is in our lives.

Well now, to the purpose of this blog, Marty is improving each day this week. Her shoulder is also improving. She is still on the pain medication to keep it more under control, when she has to use it. She is still doing some napping during the day, particularly after she has her shower. They say that taking a shower is one of the hardest things we do to our heart and body because of the body temperature change and the exertion. And that sure seems to be true for Marty, even when she uses the shower chair, she still comes out very tired, like she has just worked a double shift. In the mean time, she is keeping up with preparing the meals, doing a number of thank you notes and reading, answering the phone (even the telemarketers that drive her nuts, and we have the do not call - HA! HA!), and, oh yes, all the washing. So, as you can see, particularly this third week, she keeps her self busy.

You see as the doctor explained in the beginning here is what each month is like:
Week one - in the hospital for chemo on days 1, 3, and 5- twice a day for 3 hours each time.
Week two – home, having CBC’s every other day and watching for the numbers to go down.
Week three – numbers are down, having to have platelets and blood, while experiencing a lot of tiredness thus being in bed and the lounge chair much more.
Week four – feeling better and numbers up, doing things, and feeling like there is light at the end of the tunnel.

We have two more rounds of the above to go. We will see Dr. Lee this next Wednesday and it is possible that the next round will begin on Thursday.

It is good that even in the “struggles” God gives us a plan, a process that can give us some regularity and help us to cope with all that is going on. God is so good – all the time. All the time – God is so good. Praise the Lord! We do see God’s grace and love in so many ways and certainly do give Him thanks.

Tomorrow is going to be a very busy day for me, so, I probably will not get another blog on until Sunday. I have a Presbytery Assembly to go to tomorrow. So, I hope that you all will cheer the Colts on to a win. Then, I will be in a good mood when I write on Sunday. GO COLTS!

Have a positive day, know God’s constant blessing, and glorify God in all you do.

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Colts??? What Colts?
Hmmmmm. Only important team I know of playing within the next several days is based in the center of Ohio... Ho Ho.
Oops....typo - OH OH.
Don't over-exert with your cheering, Marty! And keep setting the standard for the rest of us!
Holden's Grandma

12:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marty & Jack,

I've missed several days of blogs and was just getting caught up. Sounds like you're doing very well! Both of you are amazing!

Keep up the great work! You both continue to be in our prayers.

Love, Maureen

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home