Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Sunday, January 07, 2007

Sunday Evening

Blessing and Greetings:

“Today is the day that the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.”

Thank you Lord for this day and for your love, we are indeed rejoicing and are glad. Praise the Lord!!

Go Colts! Go Colts! The Colts are going all the way! Go Colts! Go Colts!
They have it all and they can go all the way!

Marty is doing so good that she watched the last part of the Colts game for me yesterday and had the score for me when I got home. It was so great! I only wish I could have watched the game. But, I am so glad that Marty had the score for me. And Marty is doing well today. This afternoon, when she laid down and was reading her book, she didn’t even fall asleep. That was sure a surprise to both of us. Normally she would have been asleep before she could have read two pages, but instead, she read for about an hour and a half. Praise the Lord! Her shoulder is still giving her discomfort, but other than that, she really seems to be feeling pretty good, particularly for all the chemo that she has had. It is looking more and more like the third treatment will begin this coming Thursday. We will see Dr. Lee on Wednesday and then we will know for sure.

Marty’s scripture calendar has a good one today – Ephesians 5:8: “You were once darkness, but now you are light in the Lord. Live as children of light…” What an awesome passage and thought for us to always remember. It also seems to me that we must keep in mind that that word “once” can mean a moment ago. It is so easy for us to slip back into the darkness, even though we have experienced the “light” but don’t “live as children of light.” So, keep the faith, be positive, and let the light of Jesus shine in everything that you do.

Thanks for reading the blog and for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. It is God’s love expressed through all of you that encourages and supports us so much. Praise the Lord!

Have a great evening and a greater day tomorrow! God will be glorified!

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home