Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Sunday Evening January 28, 2007 5:45 pm

Well, friends and family here we are praising and thanking God:

We are pleased tonight to say that, we don’t have all the answers, but, we do have a few of the answers and some more questions.

First, we understand that the infection is Staphylococcus Coagulated Negative, Strain 1.
Second, we understand that it was in two of the three lines in the central line and in the blood.
Third, we understand that it is “seeded” around the implant in the left breast.
Fourth, we understand that it is very stubborn and hard to get rid of.
Fifth, the headaches are probably being caused by the sickness and infection and are not a separate problem.

So, what is to happen now?
First, today they did more blood cultures to see if the infection is still present in the blood. Second, tomorrow Dr. Kelly, who did the breast surgery will stop in and look over the situation.
Third, antibiotics will be continued until it does its job and/or something else works better.
Fourth, tomorrow morning we will see Dr. Lee and hear what he has to say and think about the situation.

Still, not much has changed with Marty today. She had a fair night, waking up 4 or 5 times to go to the bathroom during the night and going right back to sleep the rest of the time. Today she has so far eaten two meals, taken a shower, talked to all the doc’s, gone downstairs for the C –T Scans, getting six units of platelets, taking a couple of indoor walks, visiting with Erin and Eric, and the rest of the time sleeping. She is a “trooper” and we Praise and thank God for that!

That is about the story and since it is the truth, I guess, we will have to stick with it.

GO COLTS - GO COLTS - GO COLTS One week from tonight, that is exactly what we are going to be saying and they will do the job so we can celebrate the awesome victory.

Today’s scripture calendar is Isaiah 55:9 which reads: “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” You know as I have thought about that verse I have had to say “Thank you God, thank you.” I am so glad that God is so much greater that I am, and yet accepts me for who I am and gives me someone to look up to and strive to become like. Yet, He does not demand the same, only encourages and guides those who wish to follow to be the same. How different that is than what we experience in real life and what most of us teach by word and deed. It seems to me that we always teach in our society to put ourselves as first priority. That is not what God wants us to do. God has higher ways and thoughts and He wants us to share them with Him. Indeed that is different than we are, because when we have something that no one else has, we want to keep it, unless, of course, we can get a lot of money for it and then we would sell it for as much as we possibly could, no matter who it hurt. And God said “my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” “Thank you God, thank you.” God paid the price of giving His own Son for us, and so now we get His thoughts and ways FREE. Praise the Lord! Oh, I suppose that some would say that it is not FREE because of things like what we, Marty and I, and others are going through right now. But, I ask how can this be compared to what Jesus when through for your sake and for mine. Personally, I do not think it can be compared. While on the other hand, I think that it can. What motivated Jesus was to glorify God. And I hope and pray that what motivates Marty and I is that we each glorify God in word and deed even though His ways and thoughts are higher than ours. God never did promise any of us a rose garden but, He did promise us that He would always be with us, and go through whatever it is that we go through with us. So, what we are going through, God is going through as well. Therefore, the best I can do is to glorify God and I pray that I am doing that! At least I want always to strive for God’s ways and God’s thoughts and I hope that you do also.

Have a positive evening, rest through the night, so you can have a positive day tomorrow!

God bless!

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home