Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tuesday Night
January 23, 2007

Greetings from 1845:

Just to put it all out on the table at the top, today has been a very hard day for Marty. She has had so much trouble trying to do anything and even keeping her eyes open. She has experienced a large amount of fatigue. I suppose that it may be a normal amount for where her numbers were yesterday. I believe I reported them last night, but here they are again anyway: WBC – 0; HGB – 8.4 (she is to get blood at 8 and the lower it goes the more fatigued she gets); platelets were at 400 before she got the 12 units yesterday (she is to get platelets at 20,000 and again it seem the lower it goes the more fatigued she gets). So you and I can both see the reason she is where she is. We will see Dr. Lee tomorrow and get new numbers and see what he has to say. We are expecting to get blood on Thursday. By the week-end she should be coming back up and feeling much better.

Oh yes, you may have noted that I have not mentioned the shoulder or neck recently because the medicine and heat have been controlling the pain. But today with the numbers so low, there has been pain over and above the heat and medicine. There is the reason I do believe that it is connected somehow to the chemo and/or the cancer. But I guess we will never know, and it probably doesn’t make a lot of difference, because I can’t imagine the doctors would do anything else to treat it. They certainly have tried several different ways.

Micah 7:9 says “He will bring me out into the light; I will see his justice.” Awesome verse – Praise the Lord! What awesome benefits we receive when we have a good and meaningful relationship with Almighty God. Light and justice may you find them in your life.

Have a positive night and glorify God in word and deed tomorrow. God bless.

Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home