Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Saturday Evening

GO COLTS - GOOD JOB COLTS - ALL THE WAY COLTS!!!!! YOU’LL DO IT!!

Greetings to all from Indy!

On the excited and adventurous side of me, I would like to go to down town Indy tonight to see what all is going on. I would also like to go to the airport when the team comes in. But I don’t think I will do either, I will just be happy and celebrate with the cancer patients on the 6th floor of St. V’s Hospital. There are a number of patients that are as happy as I am. The woman, in the room next to us, is from Amboy and had her door closed during the game, so that she would not bother others with her yelling and noise. During the 4th quarter, when I went over and knocked on the door, and went in, the first thing she did was apologize for being so loud. When the game was over this end of the hall was pretty loud and an older couple from the other end stopped by to celebrate as well. It has been fun. The woman next door said that she thought it would be interesting to know the reaction of the team if they knew that a bunch of patients on the cancer floor were cheering and all the way they were for the Colts. It seems like it would be interesting to let them, the Colts, know the enjoyment they gave to a number of people on this floor and that they took their minds of their situation while they were playing.

Marty had a bad night last night. She was looking forward to a good, long night of sleep last night, but that did not happen. She was awake a number of times and then up about 6:45 am, even though the doctor did not come in until after 9:45 am, although she had been on the floor since 6:30 am. Today has gone pretty well for her. She has had a short nap or two and read a lot. She also enjoyed watching the Colts game. It sounds like she and her nurse must have had a good time. At least the nurse said that she had a good time taking care of Marty. She has continued to put heat on her neck and shoulder and take the pain medication. She is getting her third chemo right now, until about 10:00 pm and then she will be half way through with this treatment. Praise the Lord!

Marty and I talked on the phone this morning before the retreat started, and the scripture passage from the calendar that we shared and have held up for inspiration today is Psalm 8:1 “O Lord, our Lord, how majestic is your name in all the earth!” What an awesome verse and “thing” to think about. Just the idea of saying or thinking about “God’s name” is so up lifting and positive in my life. There are, of course, those in our society and lives that find using the Lord’s name in vain as “majestic.” But, of course, I want to lift it up in the positive way of using the Lord’s name, because when I think of God the first thing I think about is His grace, mercy, love, strength, and all the ways that He cares for each of us that is majestic. God is so good - all the time. All the time - God is good. God’s name should be lifted up by all of us, just in gratitude for all He has given to us. God’s name should be the greatest name in all the earth, because God is the creator and sustainer. Praise and thanks be to God! I am so glad that God is in charge of my life and my day is so much better, when I allow God to guide and uphold His will in my daily life. It is not always easy and I don’t always do it well, but it is awesome when I allow God to do His thing and be majestic in his own right. I hope this all makes sense and has a part in your life as well.

Better go for now, so join your Community of Faith in the morning, be positive, and God bless.

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home