Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Sunday Night
January 21, 2007

GO COLTS!!!! HURRAY – WHAT A WIN!!!!! WAY TO GO COLTS!!!!! WE ARE

PROUD OF YOU!!!! AND WE THANK YOU FOR THE SEASON AND SUPER BOWL!!

Greeting to friends and family!

It is so exciting to be writing to you now and listening to the local TV (Indy) station with the celebration that is now going on in Indy. Of course, everybody is really happy and there is a lot of celebrating going on. What a wonderful thing for the city of Indy and Indiana. It’s a great day in the neighborhood!

Marty is really into her tiredness and even now, when she blows her nose, she gets some blood. That is a sign that the platelets are low. We will get a CBC tomorrow and then probably head to Indy for the platelets. From the Saturday results we also know that the WBC is on the way down, of course that is what is supposed to happen after the chemo, in fact that is exactly what the chemo is suppose to do. It is to kill off the WBC and get rid of the cancer cells. So, that is what we want. The numbers on Saturday also showed that the HGB is on its way down. It will be more toward the end of the week that blood will be needed. In the mean time, this is the down week, this is the vulnerable week and we pray again for God’s presence and grace.

You know it was really interesting this morning when I woke up and looked out the window. It was dark and I could not tell for sure if it was snowing or not. It was just so dark out that I could not even see the white snow. Then, I looked over to the spot light on the flag and I could then see the snow. As I thought about it, how true it is about life and about our faith. It is when we see the light of Jesus, make that a part of our life and make God a first priority in our lives that we see and know God. The snow as it comes down is so white, pure, and beautiful as it covers God’s creation. It, also I believe, is a symbol of how God wants things to be and encourages us to be about. So, I hope that if you haven’t, that you will rely on God to help you with whatever might be going on in your life. That is indeed what Marty and I have done, and we thank and praise God for all He has done with and for us, particularly since August. But, if we had not been doing it before August, it would have been very difficult, if not impossible, to do it after August. God is so good – all the time. All the time – God is so God. Thank You God!! Praise the Lord!!

Today’s scripture is so good, it comes from James 1:19: “Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.” That is an awesome way to go. May we all do this.

Have a positive day and glorify God in all that you say and do.

Go Colts!

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home