Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Friday, February 16, 2007

Friday Night

Greetings to all!

We do hope that all of you are staying warm and have not had any “problems” with the snow. Can you believe 2 -3 inches more tonight! Praise the Lord! Marty still seems to be headed in the right direction. Each day she seems to be a little better with energy but, is still having neck, back, and hip discomfort. Today, she was also telling me that her lower legs (both front and back) are really “touchy” and her feet have some numbness. She said that it is really hard to describe but they do not feel right. You may recall that she has had this in the front of her lower legs before and some in the back, but not both places and in her feet all at the same time. The doctors never have been able to say what it was, so I kind of doubt we will be able to find out now. We are praying that it will not last too long.

Marty’s CBC was pretty good today: WBC 6.7 normal 4.0 to 10.5
HGB 11.7 normal 12.5 to 16
PLT 185 normal 150 to 450
Even the HGB is still low from normal; it is the highest that we have seen Marty’s in quiet some time. So, it is good to see these in the almost “normal” range.

Next Wednesday we will see Dr. Lee late in the afternoon. We expect, at that time, that another CBC will be done and he will determine when the bone marrow biopsy will be done. Until then it is a matter of getting rest and gaining strength. This will be the longest time since the first of October that Marty’s body has gone without chemo. I am sure it is relieved and is enjoying the time of not having to fight the chemo and the cancer. Praise the Lord! Although waiting for answers is often a very difficult thing for us to do, at this point, I think it is a good thing and we must all do our best to leave it in God’s hands for as long as Dr. Lee discerns it to be necessary. God is good – all the time! All the time – God is good! Thanks and praise be to God!

In John 15:9 Jesus says: “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.” What a beautiful example God has given us of His love. Even more than that, He wants, no, He commands us to stay in that love. In other words, we are able to do the loving things that God has done, and Jesus tells us even more that He has done. That sounds impossible to me but, again Jesus has told us that nothing is impossible with God. So, we must gather up our faith and put it in the proper place – with God – and move on to love the way He loves.

Let each one of us think about this today and then do it: what is it that I can do today, that I usually do not do, that will show God that I am and will make new and better efforts to remain in His love the rest of my life? What an honor, what a privilege it is to be a child of Gods!

Have a positive day and God bless.

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home