Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Sunday Night

Greeting to all!

Well, today has been probably the best day Marty has had for a week and maybe a little more than that. As we talk it seems like there are some things that she does not recall at all from some of her worst days. But that is over – praise the Lord! – and we are looking forward to moving on.

This morning I told you about the CBC. So, I will not go over it again now. Some of the good news from today is that Marty is again able to drink water. In fact, it sounds like she might try some soft foods tomorrow, if Dr. Lee approves. Her stomach seems to be feeling better and the nurse says that the bowel sounds in her stomach are sounding better. So, praise the Lord! We are certainly pleased about all that and hope that all will go well tomorrow. For a while there was some question about the central line and if it was working right or not. So, they did a chest x-ray and found it to be okay and have all the medicines going again. Because of Marty’s fall the other night, she cannot get up alone, but she is still getting up and so far today she and I have taken two walks. I think there is to be one more yet tonight. Marty is presently in the bathroom getting ready to settle down for the night.

The week-end we were pleased that both Eric and Jennifer and her family were here. Eric arrived yesterday, as a surprise to Marty, to be with her while I was in Greencastle for the wedding of Kevin and Alisa. It was an outdoor wedding on the campus of DePauw and turned out very nice. Eric and Jack then went to dinner last night and Eric decided to stay the night, I think particularly after he learned that Jennifer and family were coming today. Jennifer and Travis and boys arrived about 1:30 pm and Marty was indeed quiet surprised. It was a good surprise and Marty sure was glad that it was today and not yesterday. In fact, she does not really think that she could have handled all the activity. But today she did very well – Praise the Lord! I think it was a great day and I think that Marty held up to it all very well.

Well Dr. Lee will be here early in the morning. So, we better get this published and get some rest.

I was walking in the hall downstairs, first floor, coming back up to 6610 and I heard someone who was going the other direction say: “God is so good!” So, as I walked by I said “All the time!” The next thing I knew I was hearing them say “All the time!” And indeed I did say “God is so good.” It was so awesome to do that in a public place, walking down the hall, with someone I didn’t even know, never did look at, and probably never will know – other than to say that we are on the same page about God’s goodness. Praise the Lord! Thank you God for this opportunity to glorify You and witness to You. You are indeed good and great to be praised.

Have a positive night and day tomorrow and God bless.

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

(((HUGS))) - Love you guys
Tell Aunt Marty she needs to shoot for a tea party while those beautiful grandkids are in town!
;-) Love to all,
Clair

8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, i am so glad to hear she is doing better. Takes a real strong woman full of hope to make it through such a time of triumph. Bravo to you all and your support, and i am sure she couldnt of done it without you uncle jack.

Luv and hugs Carrie (clair's daughter) :)

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you had a better day yesterday. I'm sure it was good to see your family also. We continue to pray for you and look forward to better days ahead for both of you. Blessing to you. Donna and Ron

8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home