Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thursday Night

Greetings!

Well, let’s start right in with Marty and let you know that we did not get home today. The reason being that there is a whole new issue – that of the O2 saturation in the blood. We first thought that there might be a problem in this area yesterday morning when the nurse got a 81% reading. Marty had just wakened she moved around a little and it came up to 98%. So, nothing was done about it. Then last night when it was checked again it was again 81%. They put O2 on her and got it up to 98%. Then they took the O2 off and the % began to drop. When it got to about 88 to 86% they put the O2 back on and it has stayed on for the last 22 hours or so. They have also done some chest and heart tests the results of which we hope to get in the morning. Also, just to check they have taken the O2 off a couple of times for short periods and again the % has started to drop right away. So, there is not a question about the fact that there is a problem. It is just a matter of finding out what the problem is and what can be done about it.

Other than the above, Marty has again been very sleepy and felt very weak today. She has taken about three walks so far and plans on one more, and eaten over half the food she has ordered but has not been able to eat it all. The pain level seems to remain under control with the patch and that is a good thing. Praise the Lord!

Her counts this morning were: WBC: 16.7; HGB: 8, and PLT: 13. So, she had 12 units of PLT today she had 12 unites of platelets and we expect that she will need blood tomorrow. We will see how right we might be.

Again ,today I was giving thanks to God that I am able to stay down here all the time with Marty. That is such a special and wonderful thing and I can’t help but praise God for the kind, loving people of First Presbyterian Church, Peru that are being lead to make that gift possible for me. What an awesome gift, thank you God, thank you First Presbyterian Church.

I was watching a DVD that John and Anna Peters loaned to me to look at this afternoon. What an awesome program it is. It is about the work that their son-in-law and daughter are doing in Calf. for individuals and for groups. It is awesome! I hope that I can figure a way to show it to everyone.

It is going to be another up at 4:30 am morning because I need to come over and see what the doctor has to say. So, I am going to close it off for now and say - have a positive day and God bless!

Marty and Jack
Daniel 9:4

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home