Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Saturday Evening 10.07.06

Praise the Lord!!! It has been another good day. Again we are so happy and so surprised at how well Marty is doing. Yes, we were told that it would take a week after the chemo was in before it would really hit, and hit hard, but we had no idea that the week she got the chemo and this week would be as they are. We suppose that part of it is that we remember what it was like four years ago when she had chemo and were expecting it to be something like that. But indeed we were and are wrong. So we take each day like today and give God the praise.

Today we were visited by our daughter, Jennifer, but not the rest of the family. Trey her oldest son had some cold like things going on, so Travis, her husband, stayed home with the boys. It was good to see her and she and her mother had some good time together. We also had the pleasure of visiting with Wally and Kyle, and Lori and Dave who stopped in to say "Hi!".

This morning when I was lead by God to talk about the trees, I never gave a thought to the fact that Marty's favorite poem growing up was entitled "Trees" and written by Joyce Kilmer.

I think that I shall never see
A poem lovely as a tree.
A tree whose hungry mouth is prest
Against the earth's sweet flowing breast.

A tree that looks at God all day
And lifts her leafy arms to pray.
A tree that may in summer wear
A nest of robins in her hair.

Upon whose bosom snow has lain
Who intimately lives with rain.
Poems are made by fools like me.
But only God can make a tree.


Thank God for trees and for all of life. God is good - all the time. All the time - God is good.

Have a great evening, have a day of rest, and praise the Lord. God bless.

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home