Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Thursday PM 10.05.06

Have just returned from the evening walk all the way around the four wings of the sixth floor, and it was Marty's third time to do that today. She does have to wear a mask and push her IV pole as she goes. Today she has been wearing her street shoes when she walks and finds that to be a little better.

It seems tonight that she is retaining some fluids and perhaps even feels a little bloated but otherwise is doing great. She ate her three meals today, took all of her meds, got her shower, had her walks, so all and all another good day. Praise the Lord.

Was in such a hurry last night to get to the main door by 10:00pm so I did not have to walk all the way around the building from ER that I forgot to mention that John and Pat and Stephanie were here yesterday afternoon. It was really great to visit with them. And today Cheryl E. and Pastor Tom Robbins were here. Again it was great to see them and share some time with them.

Marty just shared with me that her calendar scripture for tomorrow it is "For God is not a god of disorder, but of peace." (I Corth. 14:33) And it is with that peace of God that we leave you tonight, praying that you get the rest you need to again tomorrow server our Lord to the very best of your ability and strength.

God bless!

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home