Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Wednesday afternoon

Greeting to all. I am a little late in checking in today because I was up at 4:30am this morning to come over and see Dr. Lee and then I went back to the RV and went back to sleep. He is in on a daily basis between 4:30 and 6:00am. I really don't understand how he does it. He is quite a man and doctor.

Well, very thing is still going well. We are seeing signs in the blood tests of the chemo working but are not really seeing the effects in Marty externally. She is still walking the halls about 3 times a day, eating good - though she is saying that she really isn't hungry when she eats, she is in good humor and very cheerful, she is working very hard on getting the second grandmothers memory book done, and she is still being a nurse for her own care. She is having a good relation-ship with the nurses and keeping them right on target. How wonderful it is that she is doing so well - we certainly praise and thank God for His goodness, love, grace, and mercy.

Have a great afternoon, will be back this evening, and God bless.

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marty & Jack,

I hope you're having a good day, and keeping an even keel (sailor speak). When I grow uneasy because my ship seems to be tossed about by heavy weather (more sailor speak), this familiar Psalm provides me with perspective and tranquility.

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Psalm 23

Be strong, and of good cheer. You are much loved by all your friends and family, and even more so by Our Father in Heaven.

Ed

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greetings from Iowa,
It is so GREAT that Marty is doing so well! Hang in there and beat this for all of us. The girls are doing great. They say to tell you they say hi.
Bob and I are praying for you both. We even have friends and church family praying.
The way Jack said Marty was with the nurses reminds me of someone else I love. Marty, you have always reminded me so much of mom. You better not be crying, because I aready am.
We love you,
Kristi, Bob, Sarah and Becca

4:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Jack and Marty,

You were lifted up in prayer this weekend during the Great Banquet. I am slowly recovering from a loss of sleep.

We are praying for you constantly and having you in our thought makes us wonder how you are doing. The blog has been great in keeping us informed.

Here is a poem that a speaker shared this weekend.

Sometimes life seems hard to bear, full of sorrow, trouble, and woe. It's then I have to remember that it's in the valley I grow.

If I always stayed on the mountain top and never experienced pain, I would never appreciate God's love and would be living in vain.

I have so much to learn and my growth is very slow. Sometimes I need the mountain tops, but it's in the valleys I grow.

I do not always understand why things happen as they do. But I am very sure of one thing. My Lord will see me through.

My little valleys are nothing when I picture Christ on the cross. He went through the valley of death; his victory was satan's loss.

Forgive me Lord, for complaining when I'm feeling low, just give me a gentle reminder that it's in the valleys I grow.

Continue to strengthen me and use my life each day. To share your love with others, and help them find their way.

Thank you for valleys, Lord for this one thing I know. The mountain tops are glorious but it's in the valleys I grow.

My prayer is that you will be able to bloom and grow from this treatment.

Love,

Jane

5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack and Marty,
Everyone at the State Police Post is pryaing for a successful and speedy recovery. If you need anything let us know.
Mike Nichols

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dear aunt marty and uncle jack, i am hoping things are going as well as they can. My heart is always with you and the family. Good luck

Love Carolyn

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack and Marty,
It's great being able to keep updated on the web site. You're always in our thoughts and prayers, but we're saying extra ones! Your strength has always amazed me.

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home