Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Saturday Morning

Good morning to all. First thing this morning is that I want to ask a favor of all of you. I want you to stop reading this for a couple of minutes and sit down and just praise and thank God for all the blessing God has provided you right now, this moment and this day. .......

This morning when I went to get my shower at the Martin House, Mary, the housekeeper of the hospitality room, and I got into a really meaningful, spiritual discussion. And then as I was showering I did what I have asked you to do and it felt so good that I wanted you all to have the same feeling. Marty and I appreciate the blessing that all of you are to us and we hope you know that. God is being so good to us and blessing us so much in so many, many, many ways right now. Since, Marty came in she has been keeping a "Blessing Diary Book" and to date she has 75 entries. These are 75 times that she has felt God's presence in a very special and meaningful way as she has been ministered to while going through this process. God is so good, all the time! - All the time, God is so God. Praise the Lord! Thank you God!

Marty had a better night last night. She was only up once and that was good. The WBC is still at zero and that is where it is expected to be for 5 to 7 days yet. The colon is still a bit of a challenge to manage. The liquid retention seems to be under control. She did loose more of her hair this morning and the Doc. said that she has only known of one person who did not loose their hair with this treatment. Marty has not yet lost enough to shave the rest off yet, but no doubt that will come. The tiredness still shows up, but some times I think that is without a doubt to be expected and she is causing some of it herself. For example, this morning she has had her breakfast, taken a shower, changed and made her bed, taken two walks in the hall, and then wonders why she is so tired. "Martha" will never understand, she will always have to be a doer! What an awesome and wonderful child and servant of God's. And the staff continue to be amazed at how she is doing and feel her activity has a part in that.

Well, I guess that catches you all up. So, I hope you have a great day and God bless!

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Marty and Jack, Indeed God is so so so good and our blessings are overflowing. Every day when I read your blog I am amazed at everything that Marty is doing. Thank you, God - Thank you, God.
Love, Joan
PS Your stack of mail is growing so I am going to take it to church and leave it in my car in the hope of finding someone to take it down to you.

6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home