Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Sunday PM 10.08.06

Well, here we are at Sunday evening the 12th day in the hospital and all is going well. Marty has had another great day. She has eaten 3 good meals, even though she says she is not hungry and that the food doesn't really have any taste, at least any good taste, it is missing salt. She has taken 3 walks around the entire 6th floor, taken a nap, and continued wearing the path in the floor to the bathroom. She has been from her admission and continues to try and drink a lot to keep the bladder and kidneys working, since the chemo can be very difficult on them. She is also making a list of things for me to get at the store - still taking care of me. What a fantastic child of God, wife, and friend!!!!!

We certainly want to express our sincere thanks and deep appreciation to all of you for your continuing prayers, support, encouragement, and love. It is so true that without putting our faith and trust in Almighty God, and experiencing the love and mercy of God through all of you this part of Marty and my lives journey would certainly be a lot more difficult. We know that all things are in God's hands, and God wants good, even the best for His children. Praise the Lord!

May you have a good night and a better day tomorrow. God bless.

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

With Trials, we grow stronger in faith, with Faith we move closer to God, with God we can do all things, Keep the Faith!

7:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jack, Tell Marty I watched the squirrel's dig holes in my front yard this weekend and hide nuts. Only problem is when they get hungry they won't remember where they put them. A little nature humor for the patient.

Love,
Susie
In Farmland

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home