Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Monday, October 09, 2006

Monday Early Afternoon 10.09.06

I came over at 4:50am to see the doctor and he had been here at 4:25am and was even gone from the floor. Oh well, will have to try again. And after Marty and I spent a little time together I went back and went to bed for about 4 hours. So this one did not get published in the AM.

From what Marty tells me she has now completely lost her appetite. It is not that she can't eat, but she just really doesn't fell like she wants anything to eat. But you know Marty she is still ordering a tray and eating it. Way to go Marty!!!! Keep up the good work!!

She is also in the process of developing the first sore in her mouth. She had these when she had the chemo before. They are not to pleasant but "Mary's Magic Swish and Swallow" seem to do the job on them. She is waiting to get some of it.

Her white blood count is still "0" and Doc says he will leave that be for a couple of more days and then give her some medicine. Dr. Lee was back this morning and said the same as the doc yesterday that there is nothing happening that is unexpected. I am not exactly sure what that means, but Marty is taking that as positive, that all is going the way it should be, and I will agree.

I do know that she still looks good, talks good, has a good attitude, has more energy and stays awake better than she did at home, and on the outside does not look like much is wrong. Praise the Lord!

May you have a great afternoon as we are going to and God bless.

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Marty and Jack, I arrived home in mid-afternoon and have managed to get in one nap before bedtime at 7:45!

Marty, you are setting a new standard for being a good patient doing things you don't want to do and eating food that you do not want to eat. We all need to strive to be more like that.

I will write more tomorrow.
Good Night and Love, Joan

6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Marty and Jack;
Just wanted to let you know that we pray for both of you daily. The daily posts are great and sound very encouraging. Jack, do take good care of yourself so that you can continue to take good care of Marty.
Love,
The Hahns

7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marty and Jack,

Keep up the awesome work! Sounds like things are going very well. You are both in our thoughts and prayers.

Love, Maureen, Troy, Hilary & Brooke

8:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home