Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Thursday Mid to Late Afternoon

Well here I am late again. It has been a busy and good day. Marty is doing a little better than yesterday but not as good as she wished she would be doing. But then you can blame part of that on her. She asked her nurse about making her bed, and the nurse said that was almost next on her list. So Marty said - any body want to guess what she said - yes, I am sure you are right - if you get me the sheets, etc. I will make it. And of course that is exactly what happened. Marty made her own bed. Oh well she will never change - but praise the Lord she is able to do it.

Well for the rest of day: Marty has had 3 walks so far, platelets were low enough today that she had to have 12 more unites (that makes 84 units of platelets and 12 unites of blood since Aug. 15 - oh we are so thankful that her needs are being met, that they have all this much on hand for one person - Praise the Lord! And if you can give in Marty's honor it sure would be appreciated. So far we know of two people that have done so and we are indeed grateful.) back to today, she does not feel quiet as fatigued but still not up to last week. She finds that at times she gets very shaky, which no doubt has to do with the condition of her blood. We were told that it would affect EVERYTHING, so that is just another.

It was also a busy morning with visitors. Pastor Tom Robbins was in as well as Rita, Phil, and Carolyn. What a joy it was to see them all and to visit with them. It is always good to see those faces from home. We do appreciate it. I also went out and had lunch with Fr. Frank Kilcline. Thanks Fr. Frank for the lunch and fellowship.

This afternoon, in fact soon, Marty will get the second shot to help kick start the bone marrow to get started again. This med is also to help the fatituge and can cause joint pain as well as large bone pain. So far it may be causing a little more back pain, especially when she walks, but not that bad. The colon problem is less today but still continues.

Well I think that about covers it for today. Don't believe that I will do another one tonight but we will be thinking about you all, and praising and thanking God for your support, encouragement, and love. As God is good - all the time. All the time - God is good. So are you all great in your support, enouragement, and love. Thank you so very much, it is indeed appreciated, more that you will every know, and words will ever express.

Have a great evening and God bless!

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home