Marty's Struggle

"I'm in a win-win situation. If I survive this struggle, I have more time to be with my grandchildren. If I don't, I get to be with my Lord." - Marty Hess

Name:
Location: Peru, IN, United States

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sunday Morning

Good morning - Praise the Lord. It is the Lord's Day let us rejoice and be glad in it! God is good, all the time! All the time, God is good. Praise and thanks be to God.

Well God is indeed holding us up right now. The chemo and/or infection have hit. Marty is running a temp so we know there is infection. At this point we do not know where for sure. They have started her on med. and are doing cultures and the infection doc are to come in. They are also going to remove her central line today instead of waiting until tomorrow as it is a little red around it. She is also to get some xrays. Today she will be on liquid diet to give the stomach and colon a rest as they appear to be quiet large at this time and are hurting. Tomorrow will also probably mean TPN which is a feeding through the IV that we have talked about before. With all that is going on in her body, Marty basically has no energy at all, or maybe I should say very little, and is doing a lot of sleeping. I know it is bad when she has not taken a shower, and she has not. God is holding her in His arms and allowing her to rest during this period. Praise the Lord!

This is the time the doc has been telling us from the beginning would come. The doc this morning said this is what always happens, she only has had one case where it did not. As much as we would have liked to make that two, God has a plan, that includes His grace and love and He will see us through. Praise the Lord!

By the way, if you plan to come down to see Marty and have had a flu shot the sign on her door says that you should not come in unless it has been at least 7 days since the shot.

Well I think that is about it and I need to get this published. I will put a little something on tonight.

Have a great day and God bless.

Marty and Jack
John 3:16

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home